Should I , or shouldn't I.....

kdude

My first post on this site..... :) I'm thinking of trading my 03 K1200RS for the new GS. My K is a lot of fun on the straights but I need something more friendly riding in a busy city.

Can anyone give me feedback on any problems on the first year GS. Normally I wouldn't buy a first yr. BMW or any other make untill the first yr. problems are ironed out but who knows ?

I did love the demo ride I took last month...

hp

Better hurry up and decide cos its going up by £600 from 1st Jan.

Just spend some time browsing the site kdude.

Loads of opinion, arguments, Bull sh*t relating to your question.

:D :D :D

kdude said:
My first post on this site..... :) I'm thinking of trading my 03 K1200RS for the new GS. My K is a lot of fun on the straights but I need something more friendly riding in a busy city.

Can anyone give me feedback on any problems on the first year GS. Normally I wouldn't buy a first yr. BMW or any other make untill the first yr. problems are ironed out but who knows ?

I did love the demo ride I took last month...

hp

Kdude, I had the pleasure of touring with a couple of friends of mine in law enforcement, both riding K12's (one RS and one GT) down into the Appalachian Mountains in the SE United States. As they were policemen, they were not terribly concerned about getting any speeding tickets (although they did not want to be pulled over in the first place), so our speeds were sometimes very high.

I can tell you firsthand that the R1200GS handles as well as, if not better than a K12 and that an R12 will keep up with a K12 when overtaking cars and such. I was surprised that they never "walked away" from me. They were even slightly amused, perhaps almost dismayed by the fact that they'd go hammer and tongs through some twisty road section, really working hard to go fast, and when they'd come to a straight, they'd look back in their mirrors for me and find that "there was Bob, right behind me, sitting bolt upright riding along like it was nothing".

:D

Unless you want more weight, you won't regret the purchase of an R1200GS.

:beerjug:

Guess it depends on what you are looking for but I've had no issues in 21,000 kms/3 months of ownership. There's plenty of positive and negative on this site so I'd take both with a grain of salt and go from there. Good luck whatever you decide. BTW have you considered a F650 (GS)?

Back
Top Bottom