Xmoto commuter

thedarkeside

Reaction score
Hi all, merry xmas;

I am facing a 40 mile commute to work and considering a Xmoto. The reasons are because I like the style, well proven motor, cheap to run and insure.

Downsides as I see them are seat - rock hard and tank range, will need a fill up every night.

I've never ridden a single and the write ups seem to suggest intrusive vibes at 60 - 70 mph. Any opinions / comments would be welcome.

Thanks

tds:JB

Ooops just seen that I have posted similar a while ago, shows you how slow I am!

Just can't seem to take the plunge!

If anyone has any comments on the high speed vibes then this would be good info.

Thanks,

tds:nenau

I've got a xchall and vibes really aren't something to worry about I've ridden worse twins.

Wind protection would be a bigger worry if I where considering this, as for fuel mine will do 120 + on a 9 ltr tank.

They are great for road riding with plenty useable power if I could carrie stuff on mine I'm sure I would use it more.

I've got the XCh one of these and do a 20 mile commute each way.

On A&B roads it's more than fine and will return approx 60mpg. Good fun and pokey - plenty good enough for the overtakes. I can just about get 120miles on a tank. No issues re vibes as continually varying speed. Standard lights aren't good in comparison to say an RT which slows things down a bit.

If I take the dual carriageway at higher speeds fuel economy drops to what is something like low to mid 50's. No real vibes as it starts buzzing along.

Good bikes though.

Got the Xcountry :thumb

Will do just what you want with great fuel consumption. The bike ideal for nipping through heavy traffic and yet is still a giggle on the open roads. I find the engine lovely and smooth and pulls like a steam train, much sweeter than the 'old' F650GS's ;)

Wind/weather protection, as said, not as good as the bigger bike's but what the heck ... good riding equipment soon takes care of that :thumb

:beerjug:

Mine fitted K&N air filter with opened up air box, Remus free flow front header with choice of Remus or standard exhausts, both de-catted. OE exhaust while heavier than the Remus does appear much smooooother and just as quick :thumb

Wilbers front fork springs and oil, plus Wilbers rear suspension unit, finishes the package off just nicely .... loadsa fun :JB

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom