INSURANCE

If you join the HDRCGB you get a discount on Footman James :thumb2

If you join HOG then you get a discount on HD insurance, the downside being of course that you are now in HOG :blast

The biggest issue tends to be valuing and insuring any bike with performance upgrades and customisation. Footman James, HD and Carole Nash all claim to have an understanding of this but I have read varying experiences with them all :nenau

I'm with Carole Nash at the moment :type

I've got a classic policy with Footman James (for my R100GS) that allows you to add a more modern bike to.

Colin

Try ebike insurance, I have got my Road King covered by them as well as the GS650.................... No problems so far!

I have both the GS and Harley with Carole Nash, they have added the Harley mods (stage 2) to the policy at no extra cost or quibbling.

Carole Nash, i have six bikes including the HD on one policy.

Made one phone call in my recent claim. No running around getting estimates etc.
They arranged for the bike to be collected, taken to their workshop, work all done using new harley parts and a pristine bike returned at the time arranged.

If you're going to crash, they're the company to use. :thumb

Looks like its Carole Nash.

Had a range of quotes from 270 down to 190 for Comprehensive, 50 yr old, rural postcode, 14 yrs NCD 3 points.

Strange thing though, I'm with CN at the moment, had a renewal through (due on 8th Jan), for 214, did an online quote, came out at 197?

Thanks for all the comments.

Smudge.:thumb

Well,

I renewed with Carol Nash. £166 fully comp. Told the bloke it was too dear so we took off commuting, i only ever planned on using it a couple of times to work anyway.

I use Footman James for my 1995 ultra classic, added it to my classic policy. Would have put it on my modern bike policy with ebike where I had my 03 Heritage Softail but they wanted an extra £100 (£150 to £250ish 3 bikes) for the cheaper/older ultra! and FJ only wanted £20 (£120 to £140).
In general I find ebike competitive it seems they did not want the Ultra Classic, most other HD models seemed reasonable. A plus for ebike is no fee, other than premium change, for making a change on the policy. However a minus is only 4 bikes on a policy now.
I notice a big jump in premiums this year, FJ now £210 for 4 bikes including HD and XRV650 + 2 oldies and ebike doing a check on premiums will expect it to go up to £200ish for GS, AT and NT650V.

Back
Top Bottom