Mooses

Deleted account 231002001

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looks like I may have picked up a slow puncture yesterday and its got me thinking to how crap I would probably be mending a leak on the side of the trails. I see their about £200 a pair but what are they like, I know nothing about them and only seen them once before in Timolgras garage? I know someone said something about them over heating on the road, what sort of miles and speed cause problems?

I swapped over to mousses a couple of years ago.

They totally change your mindset when off-roading. Yesterday I didn't even bother with a rucksack (but did have a pair of jump-leads stuffed into my strides).

:augie

Greg

Looks like I may have picked up a slow puncture yesterday and its got me thinking to how crap I would probably be mending a leak on the side of the trails. I see their about £200 a pair but what are they like, I know nothing about them and only seen them once before in Timolgras garage? I know someone said something about them over heating on the road, what sort of miles and speed cause problems?

Well first off you need to amend the spelling in the title, because nobody likes a small furry mammal sandwiched between a tyre and the rim

Some would and some don't, I wouldn't bother

Carry a tube(s), small pump and some levers/patches and repair at the trail

Some people use Tubliss

Well first off you need to amend the spelling in the title, because nobody likes a small furry mammal sandwiched between a tyre and the rim

Some would and some don't, I wouldn't bother

Carry a tube(s), small pump and some levers/patches and repair at the trail

Some people use Tubliss

Mouses changed to mooses.
I like the idea of them.

a small furry mammal

It's not small, it's far away.

Moose.jpg

:blast - beaten to it...!

I have been running mousses for about 2+ years (still on my first set). I also run them on the road too and I would continue to do so.

They feel like a tubed tyre run at typical off-road pressures but are still stable at road speeds (60 - 70mph). Make sure there is plenty of moose lube in there (between your tyre and moose) and the holes are all plugged (i.e. valve neck - I use a car valve in place to prevent water and dirt getting in (and you can also use a burst of air to ensure the bead is set on the rim if changing at home).

It is a personal choice, but I also do Hare & Hounds/Enduro and Rallies and when you are paying to do an event the last thing you want is to spend valuable time sorting out punctures. Most average competitors also run mousses although the top riders prefer tubes.

Fitting Guide : http://www.redbikejohn.com/mousse & tyre change guide.htm

Back
Top Bottom