OMG.....a Tyre thread..

twizzle

Devil may care...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
OK, Tyres..... WTF....... the internet is full of shite about this subject...

My HD Dunlops are proper fecked with the rear suffering a slow puncture and squarer then a day out with the Armish.... so, after spending a suffarable amount of time searching etc.... the "internet masses" (UK) seem to favour:

Avon Venoms AM41/42 MT90B16.......

What says you......... (Bear in mind i ride a 3 tonne glide with my not inconsiderable skinny arse parked on top!!)

come on then lets have it..:thumb

Continental Milestones give much better grip tha Venoms - especially in the wet. I'd never go back to the Venoms. :thumb2

Continental Milestones give much better grip tha Venoms - especially in the wet. I'd never go back to the Venoms. :thumb2

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo more choice......

I have Avon Venom-X on my FLHS, and after a wet and cold couple of weeks in France and the Pyrenees last March, I swore I'd replace 'em as soon as possible...

They have little grip, feel horrible, and I certainly don't recommend them.

Call me superficial, but I'd love a 'traditional' looking tyre (like the old Roadrunner perhaps)...

Anyone know what's out there..? :thumb2

Nice & Fat had a set of Avon's on his Harley, said what Dave said about them, they were dangerous!!!

Dunlop for me!

Does it matter what tyre you put on a Harley..................... :nenau

Yes & No :D

Depends on how (and how far) you ride, and what you expect...

Twisty, wet, mountain passes on those flippin' Avon Venom's was bad...

But hey, at least I was there :thumb2

Attachments

• P3121529.jpg
    P3121529.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 110
Now yer talking :clap :D :thumb2

I'd be interested to know if they are old style tyres with old style technology or whether they are old looking tread pattern but using moderns compounds/technology etc.

If it's the former, I wish you luck! (Seriously though I would be interested to know what they are like if you try them.)

Twizzle, Ask 10 different people about tyre preference and you'll get 10 conflicting replies. Different bikes, different weights, different riding styles.

I'd be interested to know if they are old style tyres with old style technology or whether they are old looking tread pattern but using moderns compounds/technology etc.

If it's the former, I wish you luck! (Seriously though I would be interested to know what they are like if you try them.)

Twizzle, Ask 10 different people about tyre preference and you'll get 10 conflicting replies. Different bikes, different weights, different riding styles.

Sad but true!! I'm going Avon as apart from anything else they are cheaper then the dunlops!!..

spoke to my tyre man today, he reckons the Avons are so popular with HD brigade he keeps em in stock!!..... £201.52 fitted to loose wheels...

Result!...... although he was at pains to point out that these are Blackwalled tyres only.... good i say that's what i want!!...

he then comments that Whitewalled tyres are for queers and he won't fit them!! class.....

i love white wall tyres , used to clean the white bit with t cut ,to make it extra white, should have used the stuff i used to put on my plymsolls in the 1980s, class

ww tyre

My Roadking classic has white walls on which suit the bikes style and Im` no queer as some people think,, (dipsh*t).
Does anyone do a descent ww tyre other than Dunlop?..

Back
Top Bottom