Recon Engine.

B4ndit

Reaction score
Is there anywhere you can buy a completely rebuilt 1150 GS engine from?

You know just like you can for most cars.

I love my GS and its in pretty good nick. I would love to be able to source a recon engine and just drop it in. Nirvanha.

Nothing yet.

But I just love the bike and if I could fit a recon engine for a grand I would.

Just looking at options.

I like my 1150 and don't won't to move on to the 1200GS to get a newer engine.

The 1150 looks like a bloody tank whereas the 1200 looks like a bad trials bike. IMHO.

Trying to prolong the life of the beast really. Thinking of the environment. LOL.

Don't do it

Quality standards on recon engines - even from some oe manufacturers - are questionable to say the least, If yours is worn out then get a low mileage secondhand lump.

If such a thing existed, A recon engine for a grand would be a POS anyway.

Wear that one out first, then start looking, then get scriminger to screw your engine back together properly.

Sorted (and how many miles has it done?)

65000 miles. Shes scrubbed up well and is a pleasure to ride/own.

Indeed.. add a zero to that and you just might begin to see some wear to the engine.. but you'd have to look very closely.

A fella over in the states did 500,000 miles on an 1100 and had a look at the bores and could still see the original tooling marks.

As you have all the time in the world before that engine is worn, just keep a look out for a crashed one at auction......you could end up with a load of other spare parts (switches, Gbox etc) plus a lowish mileage engine from a scrapper :thumb2

PS if I were doing it, I'd bung St.Eptoe a drink to keep an eye out for one, on retainer....he's know the good from the bad and even if it took a year for one to wander across his eyes, it'd still be worth it :)

and even if it took a year for one to wander across his eyes, it'd still be worth it :)

A year......... I've got a few stacked away, lowest mileage engine is a blue 6K miler from an R1150R. :D

Back
Top Bottom