Baglux Cover

(RIP) Yosi

Reaction score
OK. I know is a stupid question, but I got this Baglux cover to keep Geronimo worm the winter months but i have no idea were those straps hanging all around should go:
Across under the petrol tank?
Somewhere in the frame?
I got the cover 2nd hand. The straps don't have any sort of lock. Just plain web straps. That's the way it should be?

Suggestions?

(Please refrain from jockes, unless they are really masterpieces. Otherwise is just boring. So use your imagination. GOT THAT HOWARD?)

Assuming an 1150, it has 6 straps, from front to back :-

1. 1 x Round and under the yoke.

2. 1 x Underneath the front in front of the shock

3. 2 x short ones at the bottom of the lobes, goes arond the bar in the beak on each side

4. 2 x long ones at the rear go around a convienient point to anchor the rear down.

It harder to describe them than I thought.

HTH

I have the fitting instructions from Baglux in a word doc, I`ll e-mail it to you....Oops I dont know how to do this (I`m close to the edge on a computer).
If you send me your e-mail address I think I can do this!

Thanks everybody for the information. I think the previus owner shortened the straps for some reason so I'll have to improvise.

Dave: Two ways of sharing a document:.
1) email: yosir@hotmail.com

2) When you post a message, look at the bottom of the current window and you'll see "attach file" and "browse"
Click "browse" and it will show YOUR computer. Find where the file is (My documents?) and click "attach". Could not be simpler.

Again thanks, chaps.

Bought a Bagalux tank harness for my 1100GS a few years back. Had to send it back because with the seat in the high position it covered the lower tank bag mounting brackets. I rang Bagalux and they were aware of the problem. Has it been sorted?

Mike R

No idea, Mike. I'll tell after the week end.
Thanks Dave for the pictures!!

I think I got the picture. Thanks to everybody.

Sorry..cant post the word doc (including pictures) as it exceeds the file size limit but I`ll e-mail it to anyone who wants it.

'HOWARD...IMAGINATION' ....goes together like jelly and potatoes.

(birds fly like a brick doesn't........no i don't know what it means either but it made me laugh)

Cover in place. Thanks, chaps. And Dave for the pictures. As said before, the previus owner for some reasons did cut the straps. maybe that's the reason he coud not fit the cover!!

looks cool. By the way, managed to fit the Touratech tank bag on top as well.

charlie batty said:
'HOWARD...IMAGINATION' ....goes together like jelly and potatoes.

(birds fly like a brick doesn't........no i don't know what it means either but it made me laugh)

WTF?

MikeO:confused:

MIKE R said:
Bought a Bagalux tank harness for my 1100GS a few years back. Had to send it back because with the seat in the high position it covered the lower tank bag mounting brackets. I rang Baglux and they were aware of the problem. Has it been sorted?

Mike R

Doesn't seem to be a problem with the 1150. I ride with my seat on the high position and it butts right up to the Baglux fixing clips but doesn't obscure them. Bought it in May 2002.

baglux with Touratech tank bag

Yosi,

Can you post a picture of the Baglux and the Touratech tank bag on the bike. I was considering a Baglux but thought it would'nt fit with the tank bag because fo the lack of space between the tank and the front of the seat.

Cheers
Simon T:beerjug:

Eventually I'll post a picture but meanwhile this is what I did:
I left the original back mount of the T'tech bag in place overlaping the rear of the B'lux. At the front, two plastic rings replace the metal hooks supplied with the bag and that's it. Clip the back in place, hook the rings into the B'lux round lockers at the front and presto. It feel like was it designed for it. Interestring to note that in fact it make using the tank bag far more easier.

Ok, Judge, take a close look at your (former) bag. Simon, this is the way the bag attach to the cover.

Attachments

• banned.gif
    banned.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 194

Back
Top Bottom