What do you take with you when off-roading

RD.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
What do you take with you when riding off-road; trails, green lanes byways?

• Hydration Bladder?
  • Basic tools - Spanners, Allen Keys, Socket set etc?
  • Clutch / Brake Levers?
  • Tyre Repair Kit (CO2 cylinders and or hand pump), Tyre Sealant (Slime or Foam Weld) etc?
  • Inner Tube?
  • First Aid Kit?
  • Waterproofs?
  • Thermals?
  • Gloves?
  • Chain Splitter / Repair Tool?
  • Bulbs?
  • Cable / Zip Ties?

Most people carry mobile phones and have breakdown cover.

Spare tyres I think would be OTT unless going on an expedition etc.

What do you carry with you?

What do you take with you when riding off-road; trails, green lanes byways?

• Hydration Bladder?... Water in a bottle or Skygod's piss
  • Basic tools - Spanners, Allen Keys, Socket set etc?... BMW tool kit. stickcoil, oil sight glass, air compressor and Rudiemoto
  • Clutch / Brake Levers?... Using handguards :augie
  • Tyre Repair Kit (CO2 cylinders and or hand pump), Tyre Sealant (Slime or Foam Weld) etc?... BMW REMA puncture kit with a few extras.
  • Inner Tube?... With the bicycle. :thumb
  • First Aid Kit?... Skygod again or an old sock and a sachet of salt from a supermarket cafe.
  • Waterproofs?... I wear them if it's raining or carry the liners
  • Thermals?... Merino wool Super Athelite base layer, designed around me by a fairly new British designer, when it's cold.
  • Gloves?... I wear those. :thumb
  • Chain Splitter / Repair Tool?... Chain? R1150GSA?
  • Bulbs?... Always. In case I meet a French copper or one of mine needs replacing.
  • Cable / Zip Ties?... Oh Yes. And a ratchet strap.

Most people carry mobile phones and have breakdown cover.

Spare tyres I think would be OTT unless going on an expedition etc.

What do you carry with you?

All of my edited above along with the all important mobile phone and RAC card.

Regarding the RAC, I may have had a bit of an argument when I was nearly in need of them recently. :augie
I'll try and get the video owner to post it up.

All of my edited above along with the all important mobile phone and RAC card.

Regarding the RAC, I may have had a bit of an argument when I was nearly in need of them recently. :augie
I'll try and get the video owner to post it up.

So that is your GS kit, what about your DRZ kit? :D
What kit differences if any? :aidan :thumb2

Bad news about the RAC, what was the problem? Did they forget to salute or was that the AA?? :hide

So that is your GS kit, what about your DRZ kit? :D
What kit differences if any? :aidan :thumb2

In all respects it would be the same for my DRZe, XT, XR, DR or KLR if I could find the right one, and actually get to buy it, but I would be erring on the side of caution until I learn the skills. :blagblah Stuff it all in a strong topbox...

Bad news about the RAC, what was the problem? Did they forget to salute or was that the AA?? :hide

I'm waiting for my IT geek to sort out the link, or post, and I'll show you how much of a problem it could have been. I didn't need them in the end. :)

BTW, it's the AA who used to salute their badge holders. The ROYAL Automobile Club know their protocols and only salute Dukes, Duchess's (obviously ;)) and above.

best thing to take when yer gooooo off tarmac :rob :rob :D :thumb2

Is a mate to help you :thumb2 - you may, of course, have to help him

On most recent soft roading our lass so she can help me pick bike up and push. 2 up keeps plenty of weight over back wheel.:augie:D

trail riding in the uk.

1 - spare spark plug(in waterproof holder) & basic tools
2 - Run mousses so dont need tyre fixing gear, but if you run tubes take patches & pump along with tyre levers
3 - breakdown cover card
4 - chocolate
5 - water
6 - rope (for towing), about 6 ft is sufficient - so many times this has been used as others have forgotton theirs

In all respects it would be the same for my DRZe, XT, XR, DR or KLR if I could find the right one, and actually get to buy it, but I would be erring on the side of caution until I learn the skills. :blagblah Stuff it all in a strong topbox...

I'm waiting for my IT geek to sort out the link, or post, and I'll show you how much of a problem it could have been. I didn't need them in the end. :)

BTW, it's the AA who used to salute their badge holders. The ROYAL Automobile Club know their protocols and only salute Dukes, Duchess's (obviously ;)) and above.

Paul,

I thought you bought that lovely DRZe with all the kit!! :nenau :comfort
At the time I was searching for a Pogo and thought, you lucky bastid..... You beat me to it. :blast
Didn't know you didn't get it... :eek: Oops.
The DRZe was a bargain and had all the kit, larger tank, etc. :drool Hope you find a good Pogo soon buddy.

Rich.

best thing to take when yer gooooo off tarmac :rob :rob :D :thumb2

Is a mate to help you :thumb2 - you may, of course, have to help him

A mate Oop North, he's also a TRF member advised me not to ride off-road alone because the consequences could be dire. :yikes

On most recent soft roading our lass so she can help me pick bike up and push. 2 up keeps plenty of weight over back wheel.:augie:D

That's a good idea, just don't think the wife will follow me all over the countryside in my Defender 110. :hide

But it is a cunning plan.... :green gri

trail riding in the uk.

1 - spare spark plug(in waterproof holder) & basic tools
2 - Run mousses so dont need tyre fixing gear, but if you run tubes take patches & pump along with tyre levers
3 - breakdown cover card
4 - chocolate
5 - water
6 - rope (for towing), about 6 ft is sufficient - so many times this has been used as others have forgotton theirs

Please excuse my lack of off-road knowledge but what are Mousses some kinda tyre / tube sealant gunk or anti-puncture tyres?

#4 Chocolate - Should've thought of that one. :blast

#6 Strange, I wouldn't of thought of that and yet I have a Recovery Rope in my Defender 110. :thumb2

Thanks for your constructive input. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom