black forest to namur

mossop

Reaction score
hey everyone myself and swmbo are taking our first trip to europe in june , we will be staying in the blackforest but the night before we catch the ferry back to newcastle we were thinking of coming up and staying the last night around namur , any suggestions as where to stay would be appreciated

That's a nice ride and quite easy, say 250 miles.

You haven't said where you are in the Black Forest, so I have guessed Baden Baden.

It's near enough a straight line, Saarbruken, Luxembourg, into the Ardennes, Rochefort, Namur.

Dig yourself out a decent map and you'll see the roads you want to head for.

hey everyone myself and swmbo are taking our first trip to europe in june , we will be staying in the blackforest but the night before we catch the ferry back to newcastle we were thinking of coming up and staying the last night around namur , any suggestions as where to stay would be appreciated

Did the same last August, last two nights were in Gengenbach (very pretty) and Dinant. I've stayed in Dinant a few times, the Ibis is cheap and nicely situated :thumb

Yep did that last year, Colmar to Bouillon, you can pick a fast route or a nicer more scenic route as Richards says.

A map or viamichelin online will sort you out :thumb2

Did the same last August, last two nights were in Gengenbach (very pretty) and Dinant. I've stayed in Dinant a few times, the Ibis is cheap and nicely situated :thumb

stayed in the same Ibis, nice by the side of the river, its a cracking little town, probably going to stay there again this year

stayed in the same Ibis, nice by the side of the river, its a cracking little town, probably going to stay there again this year

Dinant, The sax town, been there often, personally i prefer to stay in Bouillon but my girlfreind is there so i am biased :thumb2

Or you could head up to the Mosel valley via the Huhnsruck mountains - Cochem would be an excellent place to spend your last night. Then head up the excellent B258 to Aachen before the tedious ride through the Netherlands to Ijmuiden :thumb2

Heidelberg is well worth adding to your route as it has a fabulous castle. The east bank of the Rhine gorge up to Bacharach is also very pretty.

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287581

Back
Top Bottom