XR1000

tangle foot

Reaction score
Has anyone on here been lucky enough to own one of these ?:cool: I really fancy one , so if you are looking to get rid .:D I know they didn`t sell that well , how many came to the UK.? What are they like to ride ? What kind of money do they fetch ?:blagblah:blagblah . Twizzle kindly found me an XLCR , but it`s not really my cuppa .

If you can find one be prepared to part with the thick end of £15k and don't expect anything that is in any way practical :eek

They only made 1108 so it's unlikely anything you find will actually be a real one, but it's pretty easy to build something quite close as there are plenty of bits to modify a standard iron head sporty. :cool

I'd rather look at one and ride something else :rob

The guy i bought my guzzi griso from has one of those in his exotic collection.

Along with an MV Augusta (genuine old model), a scott etc etc etc. he keeps them all in a self contained workshop in the back of his opticians shop.

Seeing as it's fairly local he's now my optician :thumb2

I used to visit Gambier Reeks a lot when a youth running Yams and Warrs were just down the road.
I always used to stop and drool over the XR they had on display - to this day I still love the look of them and it's possibly one of the few Harleys that I'd consider owning; very much form over function but, hey, it's a motorbike :thumb2

Andres

It was actually this bike that was the seed in my wanting to get a Harley thread
597965d4.jpg

:confused:
:nenau
ohhh.k.
Good Luck :thumb2

your ebay link was for a 9k euro XR1200..... its was the XR1200 i was refering to!:thumb2

Mutley and the thread refers to a XR1000...... an older, "classic"....

Doh!

read twice / post once :blast

Back
Top Bottom