G450X 45H 1500m

Tranctek

Reaction score
:blastHi, Works perfect for ages now I can't start my bike, since I ride last Sunday and stop engine with gear on, try to check loose between chain and SPROCKET I push bike on gear forward and back (now I know that was stupid) after this I try start the bike but (WOW) something is wrong it;s take much long then before to start then when it's start the Idle is higher then before and engine is not running evenly.

Why It's that happened? Because I:tears:tears push bike forward and back? I damage something ??(You send about decompression)
What I Can do ?
Ps.
I charge the battery but it's still the same
I try push kill button button
I check the connectors.
I got new spark for replacement but I call BMW service and gay told that can't be spark... He want 160f for have look

HELP!! :bow:bow:bow:bow:tears:tears:tears

Put £12 in to this site and I'll read your post again.......
Although I'm not clever, I can fix bikes, but not for free-loaders.
Love and kisses.
Timpo.

Put £12 in to this site and I'll read your post again.......
Although I'm not clever, I can fix bikes, but not for free-loaders.
Love and kisses.
Timpo.

I put £20 if Your assist help Me with start the bike. Give a bank details
Thank is advance

Have you had engine work done on recall?

yes m8t

I pushed the bike a little forward then back, after this no longer function as before:
- Very long ignition engine
- Higher idle speed

Check for air leak between throttle body and cylinder head.
Try with fresh fuel.
Ensure there is no cables trapped on throttle system.

Try with fresh fuel.

Just a quick one;

Can I damage something by push bike forward and back??
What can be change ?? Its only change piston position ! :confused:

I doubt damage can occur by a human pushing the bike, unless when in gear there is a valve timing issue.
I would recommend you also have the valve clearances and timing checked.
What was happening to the bike before the faults became apparent?

bike have 45h (1543miles)done any last valve check has been done at 38h by BMW, next valve check is on 60h. All service done by BMW.
Before bike works perfect, no problem at all, start after 2 weeks with no problem( always all light off before start)

It must be something with that what I done :( I rang previous owner, Hi done 300m without any problems

I try push it the samy way what I done before but is going worse :(

The problem is I can start bike at all now, you hear shooting, feel the gasoline from the exhaust, battery charged yesterday; :( so I not able go to any service( I haven't got van)

Try with fresh fuel.

I just tank on shell ultimate check all cables.
can start :(

I just have bike 2 week and done 0.5h :( Bike works perfect, just done oil change and filters :( I can't start it :(

Please help me anyone:(

you hear shooting,

What does that mean?

Are you saying that the exhaust is exploding? If you are saying that, I wonder if the ignition timing has changed.

You must understand that it is very difficult to diagnose engine faults here. You really should make a big effort to get the bike to a BMW dealer.

Greg

What does that mean?

Are you saying that the exhaust is exploding? If you are saying that, I wonder if the ignition timing has changed.

You must understand that it is very difficult to diagnose engine faults here. You really should make a big effort to get the bike to a BMW dealer.

Greg

Hi Greg Thank You for Your replay. I understand that it is very difficult to diagnose engine faults but I can't understand why I can mess up the engine by pushing it back and forward??:(

What I try to do:

- Charge the batery
- Change spark
- Check cables

ONE SIMPLY QUESTION?
What can you mess up the engine by pushing it back and forward?? If everything works perfect 1m before??(I ride about 2h all the time till stop)

ONE SIMPLY QUESTION?
What can you mess up the engine by pushing it back and forward?? If everything works perfect 1m before??(I ride about 2h all the time till stop)

It's highly unlikely in my opinion but just possible if the cam chain was already slack and you were really, really unlucky, it might have jumped a tooth.

:nenau

Greg

It's highly unlikely in my opinion but just possible if the cam chain was already slack and you were really, really unlucky, it might have jumped a tooth.

:nenau

Greg

OK let say that happened, what that change? ignition and petrol injection ?

Ps. I just come back from garage. bike start after 30 times and then I stop engine and try again but nothing :( Question is If that tooth jumped will engine able to start?

OK let say that happened, what that change? ignition and petrol injection ?

Ps. I just come back from garage. bike start after 30 times and then I stop engine and try again but nothing :( Question is If that tooth jumped will engine able to start?

Sorry for my English

Mine just would not start (randomly) unless jump started of a much more powerful bike (i.e 1200), and I only experienced this when the engine was hot. I can't really get the gist of this guys problem due the poor english (not his fault as he sounds foreign), but it sounds like his starts and then races on idle.

Dealer could not find the root of the problem with mine...plus if had a cracked crank shaft. Which is why I told BMW finance to keep it, which they did. That was summer 2009.

As I understand from Pinkytiff (in 2012), the original starter motors fitted to the G450X bikes were not powerful enough for when the engine was stopped in a position where the starter motor had least mechanical advantage (top dead centre?). I gather that there was a recall to upgrade the starter motors...

Mike.

Mine just would not start (randomly) unless jump started of a much more powerful bike (i.e 1200), and I only experienced this when the engine was hot. I can't really get the gist of this guys problem due the poor english (not his fault as he sounds foreign), but it sounds like his starts and then races on idle.

Dealer could not find the root of the problem with mine...plus if had a cracked crank shaft. Which is why I told BMW finance to keep it, which they did. That was summer 2009.

As I understand from Pinkytiff (in 2012), the original starter motors fitted to the G450X bikes were not powerful enough for when the engine was stopped in a position where the starter motor had least mechanical advantage (top dead centre?). I gather that there was a recall to upgrade the starter motors...

Mike.

Hi, My start without any problem ( I not even know about press headlight before start the engine ) till one day:(

Yesterday It's start after lots.... of trays but idle rpm was higher then before so I stop the engine to try start it again but no way ...

What if crankshaft is crack?
What kind off problems You have ?

If I not fix the bike I have to pay for recovery from me home to BMW service (I haven't got van) so 60f recovery+160f (for just have look by BMW service)
I'm so sad now :( I save for long time for this bike and now I not even know what and how much total will costs :(

Look like is only 1 way to fix it - plug in to Diagnostic BMW G1 Computer

Back
Top Bottom