What's fallen off your Harley recently....?

twizzle

Devil may care...
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Joining the A3 Saturday from the A272 where i'd just enjoyed a cuppa at Loomies when i hear clunk.... kerchang..... kerbumbel... donk.....accelerated up the slip road............went to change gear.................no gear lever peg.....:blast .had to ride home using the arm only on a toe/heel styleeeeee

thought it through.......... worked out an area of kerb where it would "wash to" with the flow of traffic ... went back Sunday AM and there it was..... no footpath and under the A3 so had to be careful...... also collected some stainless bolts, two drill bits, various screws, and 50P...!!!

result!

My R/H silencer fell off.

It was dragging along behind the bike hanging by a cable tie i'd took the precaution of using for security as a back-up anti falling off device.

Please Sir,
may i speak?
's not a Harely, but i get fally-off-bits on my Guzzi :hide

~ heading into a little village in the middle of Ireland / closed the throttle and sent a baffle out the exhaust like a mortar :eek: . the bloke behind in the family saloon that was tailgating me backed off then. :augie
I stopped and retraced my steps - worked out it had gone into a field of cows that were now cowering (sic!) in the far corner of the field :D . But the field was big and i couldn't be arsed looking for it. :blast
Rode the Bike with a length of pipe wrapped in wire wool stuffed up the pipe - held in with one bolt and a cat food tin over the end for two years after that. :thumb2

A nut fell off the horn mounting on a hire Harley in the US. Not so bad you may think. The first I knew of it was finding the bike stuck in 5th gear when I thought the gear box had failed, but the nut had fallen into the trough where the gear actuation lever heads south, just inboard of the primary cover, jamming the mechanism. Over 70 miles to the nearest dealer in Alberquerque including the last few miles across town all in 5th. Never been so glad to have a motor with so much torque, and never slipped a clutch so much in my life.

i shot a baffle out of a an Alfa 4-1 (those where the days) on a GPZ 1100 in the late 80's......... if it had hit a car widscreen i reckon it could have killed the occupants....... i made a "new one".... just like yours and welded it back in!!!........... happy days,...

Not sure if it came off a Harley.....

2ish years ago, breezing down the M18....early morning.....visibility good.....

'What's that in the middle lane'.....closer....closer......Ah yes, it's a full sized builder's wheel barrow....:eek: :eek: :eek:.....

Did that fall off your Harley......:nenau :augie :D

i shot a baffle out of a an Alfa 4-1 (those where the days) on a GPZ 1100 in the late 80's.....

I had an Alpha 4 into 1 on my early '80's Z650...

I dumped the baffle, it was the loudest bike I've ever ridden :blast

The gear lever quite often fall off my R100GS :augie

I've fallen off a Harley... Does that count :D

I went for a ride on the Glide and came back without my CB arial the other day :blast

I lost my number plate off the Superglide :nenau

Snapped the final drive belt on the Glide and the Superglide :mad:

Thrashed an Electra Glide round California for two weeks and nothing came off at all. No breakdowns, no hassle and it had a very hard life from me and I doubt the previous customers were gentle with it either. Just goes to show, ride it like you stole it :green gri

i shot a baffle out of a an Alfa 4-1 (those where the days) on a GPZ 1100 in the late 80's......... if it had hit a car widscreen i reckon it could have killed the occupants....... i made a "new one".... just like yours and welded it back in!!!........... happy days,...

I had an Alpha 4 into 1 on my early '80's Z650...

I dumped the baffle, it was the loudest bike I've ever ridden :blast

My Alpha was from an Alfa but was not made from Alfalfa.......:beerjug:

Me!

Had a SMIDSY on thursday. I went back for the bits yesterday - they're not salvageable.

sorry to hear that.... glad your OK...... got any photies of the wreck??...yes yes i know........:eek:

Broken big toe, ribs & a dislocated right shoulder - all healing nicely.

Bike is looking ripe for chopping...

sorry to hear that.... glad your OK...... got any photies of the wreck??...yes yes i know........:eek:

Nope, nothing that spectacular - just a few broken bits, and tarmac marks on a few other bits, paint job isn't looking too healthy now.

Thankfully a mate is donating a few bits and bobs from a bike he's chopping into a hardtail, ebay is providing the rest...

Air filter

I lost my complete air cleaner assembly on a French motorway a few years ago. I looked behind me to see this great big lump bouncing along the carriageway :eek:

To be fair (ish) it was an aftermarket fitment. I'd fitted a Mikuni carb and used the standard HD Screaming Eagle air cleaner assembly which was recommended. Later, when HD brought out their own SE/Mikuni carb they improved the mounting system. You can see in the pic where the brackets sheared off through vibration.

I found a campervanner in a lay-by who let me have his metal tea strainer which made a pretty good repair. Thanks mate if you're reading this :thumb2

Attachments

• RK tea strainer.jpg
    RK tea strainer.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 157

Back
Top Bottom