Gutted, Thieving scum :(

dibdob69

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Gutted, Thieving scum broke into my garage last night :mad: Took the race wheels for my KTM 690R with as newish mosses and tyres, both our Kona mountain bikes and my tool kit. Now i have to use a days holiday to sort the busted garage door, Bummer :(

Never touched the bikes thankfully, the KTM as chained to a ground anchor and i the the BMW was to much for them to move i think :nenau

0022.jpg

0052.jpg

2252.jpg

IMG_08492.jpg

bike01.jpg

Bugger

Watch the bikes, they'll be back with the right tools for the job tonight or this week

if you have a feeling they will come back....... hang some fishing line with hooks attatched just inside your garage door. scum will walk straight into them with a bit of luck !!!!!!!!

"officer i was merely drying my fishing gear out"

obviously making sure kids, wife , pets dont go in there

hope there caught

I like the idea..

You need one of these http://www.buythis.co.uk/open_product.asp?pid=4522&catId=44&source=Froogle £24 but make a hell of a noise, and they do shit them selves, i know as i had a pikey problem a couple of years ago.
I like the idea of a net curtain of barbed fishing hooks.
A mate of mine had a problem with nobs jumping over the back gate and nicking stuff from the sheds.
So he used some black painted plywood and banged steel nails thru it and left it behind the gate for the nobs to jump on.hmmmm.Steel goes rusty....tetanus...
He followed the blood trails for 200 yds...sorted.

Here's a quick update, Bike insurance people came yesterday to take the KTM away so they can asses whats missing then order and replace the stolen items but they turned up with 690 superduke wheels and they wouldn't fit so its still sitting in the garage on the pop stand and they cant get back to me till Wednesday. I'm still not sure if they will send it back with Michelin comp tyres and mousses fitted like the stolen items or if they send it back with original factory fitted tyres (?) and inner tubes. My other bigger worry is that i wont get it back in time for the Keilder Rally, that would kill me

All the other stuff including one of my helmets (took me a few days to notice it was missing) are going through the house insurance but they are being real w**kers about it all, They want receipts for all my tool (collected over 35 years) and are saying any tools used to work on a motor vehicle are not covered in the policy, Helmets not covered as it is motor vehicle related and they want see the receipts for the MTB's but i bought mine in 2004 but only have an access statement with the purchase recorded on it, my lads bike was bought S/H of ebay after i contacted the seller asking how much he wanted for it then settled on a figure so i have no receipt.

dibdob - feel for you, never had it yet personally but I think it is only a matter of time. As with the above poster - if you can move the bike - even if you put a pair of wheel barrow wheels in to roll it somewhere (or in the back of your van). Were they marked in any way - can you keep an eye on ebay or the local MX / Enduro tracks?

I can bring a spare helmet to the kielder if you need it.

We should have the same rights as our neighbours across the pond...break in you risk getting shot! You don't do it a second time.

dibdob - feel for you, never had it yet personally but I think it is only a matter of time. As with the above poster - if you can move the bike - even if you put a pair of wheel barrow wheels in to roll it somewhere (or in the back of your van). Were they marked in any way - can you keep an eye on ebay or the local MX / Enduro tracks?

I can bring a spare helmet to the kielder if you need it.

I'm trawling ebay, gumtree and preloved for the bikes and wheels, I have borrowed some wheels so it can be collected on Wednesday.

Thanks for the offer of a helmet but i have dug my old one out for now :thumb

Back
Top Bottom