idle

taffyflytyer

Reaction score
i start the bike on fast idle then let it go to the middle position on fast idle put glovves on and then get on bike (its about 1750 revs now ) pull bike up straight and the revs drop hunting then they pick back up ?? any ideas guys to what would cause this

i start the bike on fast idle then let it go to the middle position on fast idle put glovves on and then get on bike (its about 1750 revs now ) pull bike up straight and the revs drop hunting then they pick back up ?? any ideas guys to what would cause this

Sorry no idea, but also want to know as i'm sitting with similar problem. have cleaned the Bowden box and made sure no cables are stuck.

Ok, are you saying that when you move the bars the revs change ?

A.

Put your gloves on first, start the bike and ride off into the distance, knock the fast idle off after 1/2 a mile or so. Don't mess around waiting for things to warm up. :thumb

When I lift the bike up off the side stand even without touching the bars engine drops then picks up then starts hunting a little

When I lift the bike up off the side stand even without touching the bars engine drops then picks up then starts hunting a little

The oil pixies don't like being rolled out of bed :blast

As a serious answer....no idea, but it's not good practice to keep the bike on side stand for long periods anyway......better to plonk it up on centre stand.

Hmmmm....

Trying to think around this, but not coming up with anything likely.

Check TPS is secure, BOTH allen bolts......if one was loose, perhaps the flexing of the bike as you picked it up would make it drift off a little?
(particularly as the TPS is on the LHS which is where you'll be standing to push.....the amount of movement in the TPS is incredibly small to get a huge jump in the POT reading)

If it's only happening for a little while when you have the fast idle on, I'd be inclined to ignore it....it could just be the fast idle cable slipping back on the spring in the Bowden box and settling down to a more normal tickover :nenau

If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it :thumb2

Where is the Bowden box i would like to check it and lube if possible as so to eliminate it

Back
Top Bottom