Spanish camping question

Jhock

Reaction score
I will be camping in Spain later this year, this has probably been asked before, but when out and about for the day do you leave your camping stuff in your tent?

Not electronics, and valuables, but clothes, cooking equipment etc.

Or do people take their stuff with them for fear of it being stolen?

I have taken cooking stuff but left everything else... I'll only leave cooking stuff when I leave the panniers... everything goes in them and they get tossed in the tent unlocked.... I'd rather have someone steal the contents then the whole pannier! :thumb2

Then again, I've also draped any wet clothes over the bike when I stop so that it can dry... take off the boots and trousers... pop on the shorts and sandals and off you go for a nice walk around the town and lunch. I'll seriously regret it when something gets nicked though!

I will be camping in Spain later this year, this has probably been asked before, but when out and about for the day do you leave your camping stuff in your tent?

Not electronics, and valuables, but clothes, cooking equipment etc.

Or do people take their stuff with them for fear of it being stolen?

The bigoted National stereotype answer is it depends if there are any Welsh people around. :aidan

The sensible answer is who would want your old tat anyway? As long as it is out of sight the risk should be minimal. People on camp sites are generally families and/or friendly to bikers

Make friends with your neighbours on site and they will keep an eye on your stuff and don't leave anything you can't afford to loose. On most sites you can as at reception to look after any valuable stuff and if asked nicely they will usually oblige.

Spain is worse than France (generally) and nearer big towns is worse than out in the sticks and nearer the seaside is worse than inland.

Happy camping.

I leave panniers and all but passport, money & wallet in the tent whilst heading off for the day.... might have been lucky but never a drama!!

People are generally good, common sense prevails... if it looks dodgy take it with you but generally as said already no one should be interested in your kit!

There has to be more to life than worrying about clothes, tents etc :nenau

As for me i just keep the important stuff or valuable single items on me (sat nav) when I'm travailing alone a have a bum bag which usually contains; phone, wallet, camera, passport, travel docs, keys and nav. :thumb2

Remember watching a guy strapping his tent with a mesh jobby whilst we poped in a shop :D funny thing is he wernt poor, guess he has issues surrounding possessions.:D

A saying i like is rich enough to have it, rich enough to lose or insure it :augie

enjoy Spain :beerjug:

Wrap your most valuable stuff in your dirty underwear.

Nobody would go near that!!

:eek:

why would you camp when if you shop around you can get a room with ensuite for £35 - £45 euros?

Is it really worth the hassle? Or am I missing something?

why would you camp when if you shop around you can get a room with ensuite for £35 - £45 euros?

Is it really worth the hassle? Or am I missing something?

I agree the rooms are cheap but I enjoy camping and the ther half is cub leader who really enjoys camping, so not much choice in the matter!

why would you camp when if you shop around you can get a room with ensuite for £35 - £45 euros? Is it really worth the hassle? Or am I missing something?
Yes, I think you are missing something.
  • Some people like camping and would prefer it to a hotel regardless of the cost.
  • 35 - 40 Euros a night doesn't sound bad, but if you're on a 2 week break, thats 490 - 560 Euros in total. It may be a big issue.
Personally, if I was camping for a long period I'd still book into a motel every now and again just to get a good hot bath and use their laundry facilities. :D

Yes, I think you are missing something.
  • Some people like camping and would prefer it to a hotel regardless of the cost.
  • 35 - 40 Euros a night doesn't sound bad, but if you're on a 2 week break, thats 490 - 560 Euros in total. It may be a big issue.
Personally, if I was camping for a long period I'd still book into a motel every now and again just to get a good hot bath and use their laundry facilities. :D

What he said :thumb

Back
Top Bottom