Cheap old glide for sale

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On [URL="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1994-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-1340-FLHS-ELECTRA-GLIDE-SPORT-/150832119020?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item231e4b7cec"]ebay[/URL].
Worth punting them a low offer and see what it leads to. :D

Take off the chromed tat, sell it and get some money back - the light visors alone are worth silly money, i got £116 for mine on ebay

t828zr.jpg

Did you notice ...

... the ultra rare rear indicator peaks :rolleyes:

... the ultra rare rear indicator peaks :rolleyes:

And is that a rear light peak i see ?? - if so a rare and complete full collectors set.

And instead of a chicken of irony on the front mudguard it appears to have a chromed kermit the frog.

Well well, i've been informed (by the new owner), that it's just been been sold.

And to an esteemed forum member no less. :clap

Nice one:thumb2

That looks like a great, low mileage, bike for the money.

Well well, i've been informed (by the new owner), that it's just been been sold.

And to an esteemed forum member no less. :clap

Come on then who's joining the mild bunch?.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    10.9 KB · Views: 606
And instead of a chicken of irony on the front mudguard it appears to have a chromed kermit the frog.

That isn't a frog, it's the ultra cool Gammon of Glide :cool

The new owner should ensure that the eyes still light up when the ignition is on :cool:

Apart from where the clocks are, what's the difference between these and the Road King?

Not sure about the road king but the Glide has air suspension (with an anti dive brake set up) and an adjustable screen.

But [URL="http://www.hdopenroad.com/guest-articles/harley-evo-vs-twin-cams-the-sweet-years/"]HERE'S[/URL] why you really should have an EVO engined harley (ignore the "good old boys" bullshite :D ).

95 road king - last of the carbed evo's - air suspension - twin discs- no bat wing fairing complication - no anti-dive - adjustable big screen ( slidey brackets ).

these are the best of the best IMO

mine has 140000kms and sounds just run in

I don't have a HD and probably never will but that is still a great article:thumb2
I too have never owned one and that article helps explain why I never will:

Just learning what all the model names mean would use-up the rest of my riding days, then trying to understand the differences between Pan-Heads, Shovel-Heads and Dick-Heads is just too much for my poor Old-Head.

I'm far too worried that I'd end-up buying the wrong bike with the wrong suspension type, the wrong number of cams, the wrong type of valve train drive, the wrong number of valves and probably the wrong combination of consonants that have been strung together (apparently at random) to name the model.

:confused: :duno

One or two of them do look nice though.

I too have never owned one and that article helps explain why I never will:

Just learning what all the model names mean would use-up the rest of my riding days, then trying to understand the differences between Pan-Heads, Shovel-Heads and Dick-Heads is just too much for my poor Old-Head.

I'm far too worried that I'd end-up buying the wrong bike with the wrong suspension type, the wrong number of cams, the wrong type of valve train drive, the wrong number of valves and probably the wrong combination of consonants that have been strung together (apparently at random) to name the model.

:confused: :duno

One or two of them do look nice though.

It's great that Harley managed to make their bikes reliable but a shame they didn't finish the job and make them handle, accelerate and stop properly :augie :D :D :D

They build them like that because they are trying to avoid appealing to a certain demographic ;)

Not sure about the road king but the Glide has air suspension (with an anti dive brake set up) and an adjustable screen.

But [URL="http://www.hdopenroad.com/guest-articles/harley-evo-vs-twin-cams-the-sweet-years/"]HERE'S[/URL] why you really should have an EVO engined harley (ignore the "good old boys" bullshite :D ).
My 94 Road King has air suspension, the screen is removable but not adjustable... it might even have anti dive brakes as I've never seen the front end do any diving when I apply them :D

Nice find re the Evo history :thumb2

So who bagged this latest find?.... I was sorely tempted just to have the paint work off it and swap it with my Black/Silver paint job, but wasn't sure if the tanks were the same :blast

Isn't the EG Sport the earlier version of the road king..?

Back
Top Bottom