"Proper" ride on the RT starts tomorrow...

stanley

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
.........And I can't wait :bounce1

Got my ferry to Spain booked for tomorrow night, and I have a 10 week pass-out. Heading along the Pyrenees, then towards the Alps, a zig-zaggy route along the best passes, then out east towards the Black Sea. So Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania (Transfaragassen :augie), Bulgaria, Greece, then back north via Albania, Serbia, Croatia, etc....

Last few days have been a blur of getting things ready as I only decided to go 10 days ago!

Any tips or advice? Roads or places I must see / avoid??

Got the bike serviced, new tyres, insurance, green card, camping kit, tool kit....

Going to attempt to blog it here andypshaw.wordpress.com
New to blogging, so advice welcome on that too!!

Austria: Mayrhofen, Grossglockner hochalpinestrasse
France: Mont Ventoux, Tarn Gorge, Chamonix (Mont Blanc), Chinon (1st night),sarlat furka pass, stelvio pass (now its been resurfaced)

Hopefully not in that order !

Hoprfully someone will be able to spell check that lot. Busy at work so this is the best i can do given the time constraint

Well done mate. Sounds like a great trip and the RT is a superb bike to do it on. Looking forward to reading your blog as I could be tempted to make a similar trip in a few weeks' time. Are you going solo?

That is a proper trip alright!

Have a look at my ride report, been to some very good places!

Enjoy yourself, though it will be hard not to!

:beerjug:

The roads on the Spanish side of the Pyrenees are better than the French side :thumb2

All going well. Well apart from a first night wobble!

Agree, the Spanish side has better surface roads than the French side. Cheaper fuel too!

The RT is going well. PR3's are great, as is the shorter CeeBailey screen.

Some words and pics here http://andypshaw.wordpress.com

Back
Top Bottom