Travelling in Wales

~Stef~

Reaction score
Need help/advice, I need to get from Glasgow to Merthyr Tydfill, to pick up a bike.

Best method I can see is to fly to Bristol (no flights available to Cardiff) then by train via Cardiff to Merthyr Tydfill

Anyone know the area and public transport service in this area ?

Ive a mate who lives near Wrexham so once I pick up the bike ill ride there for the night. Travelling to Glasgow the next day.

cheers
~Stef~

train to cardiff central station then bus to banjo country:D or if its a evening i can give you a lift

ming said:
train to cardiff central station then bus to banjo country:D or if its a evening i can give you a lift

Probably travelling down morning or early afternoon. Plan is to go on the Friday 5th but might wait till Saturday the 6th.

~Stef~ said:
Need help/advice, I need to get from Glasgow to Merthyr Tydfill, to pick up a bike.

Best method I can see is to fly to Bristol (no flights available to Cardiff) then by train via Cardiff to Merthyr Tydfill

When you say no flights do you mean they are full? AFAIK AirWales and BMIBaby fly from Glasgow to Cardiff.

Public transport in S Wales is pretty good and cheap. No rail link to Cardiff airport but a direct bus service to Cardiff Central train station. Valley Trains will take you to Merthyr and the Dragon (taxi) will find the address.

However, if you are taking a bundle of cash to exchange for the bike then I'd recommend taking some company.

I can't make Friday but I could make Saturday 6th. I have my car here in Cardiff so could meet you at Central Station and run you up to Merthyr. I'll send a PM with contact details.

If your collecting it from the Gurnos, suggest a couple of burly mates along and I trust they managed the colour you requested:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom