Fitting Police Rear Shock to Civvy Bike

sgtzara

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ever fitted an ex-police rear shock to their RT.

Bought one as mine is knackered but can't seem to figure out how it should go on. Seems that the hose on the preload adjuster angle is pointing up and this needs to be down.

See photo:-

photo9.jpg

Suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

er....undo the banjo, and reverse the hose...it'll be the same way round then! Make sure you top up the oil in the pipe before you put it back together again.

Marc

If there's room for the adjuster to sit on the bracket upside down and still allow adjustment, then just do that.

What, apart from the adjuster configuration, is the difference between an RTP and a civvy rear shock?

Apparently undoing the banjo fitting would render the shock useless as it is under pressure.

Well, I did that on my old 1150GS that had a similar set-up and it wasn't under pressure. Just make sure the adjuster is wound right out first!!

Marc

Apparently undoing the banjo fitting would render the shock useless as it is under pressure.

No it wont. I did that to my one when i converted it from a RTP to civi. Just wind the preload right back, then use a brake pipe clamp on the hose, you may loose a very small amount of oil but it will still perform the same, mine did!

:thumb

Originally Posted by sgtzara
Apparently undoing the banjo fitting would render the shock useless as it is under pressure

Well, I did that on my old 1150GS that had a similar set-up and it wasn't under pressure. Just make sure the adjuster is wound right out first!!

Marc

The banjo in the photo is on the preload adjuster, not the shock itself. It is only under perssure if you wind the adjuster in.

The shock itself is under pressure, thats adifferent issue altogether.

Take it down to Clarence bell at Greyabbey if you are in any doubt I agree with what the guys are saying it's only for the preload adjuster so make sure it is completely at lowest setting

Pro-Link Racing Services
9 Cardy Road
Greyabbey
Newtonwards
Co Down
Tel: +44 28 4278 8854
Fax: +44 28 4278 8841
E:mail: info@plrsuspension.com
Web: www.plrsuspension.com

Cheers for the pointers folks, I've her booked back into my motorcycle shop on Tuesday and will mention all the above. Hopefully we will be systems go or else I'll touch base with Clarance Bell.

Cheers again.

Back
Top Bottom