Split, Croatia Hotel Recommendation?

Roberto

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Split, bike friendly of course :)

Cheers,
Rob :thumb

Thanks- but really looking for somewhere central...

.. should have stated that in the post :blast

When there I stayed at the Art Hotel. Its 4 star so not cheap, about 90 euros I think, but I couldn't find anywhere else central with secure parking. It has a rear parking area with cameras and an electronic gate controlled by the reception. There were some other bikers staying and the hotel was very nice!

split

I was there 2010 cant help you with hotel im afraid, but i rode down to the harbour an was spoilt for choice, we stayed in the old town in a lovely room 25 euros, incidentley i dont know your time frame but we caught ferry to havar spent 4 days there a little fishing village called jeslo we rented a beautifull apartment with veiws across the harbour for 40 euros per night, hope that is of some help.

Hotel Marjan. If I remember its north of the city. A bit of a concrete lump, but within walking distance of the main bit.
We had problems getting one on the night.

Hotel Marmont, Split. Just spent the last three nights there. We really liked it and would definitely return, however, we didn't have a car but from what we heard the parking is very expensive.

The thing is, if you want somewhere central presumably you mean within the old town, and if so, I have some bad news for you- you can not bring your bike or car into it, you have to park it outside the walls and it will be expensive. As for Split itself, you have made an excellent choice, go for it. This time of year seems an ideal time to go, still beautiful weather, not too crowded and knee-deep in lovely tanned totty :thumb2

Enjoy, and let us know what you think of Split when you get back? :)

Back
Top Bottom