fOR ALL YOU 1150gs Stebel Nautilus wannabees.

Good find

Nice one Trev

Surely
It would have been easier and a neater job to pop the tank off to do the job

It's easier to use the existing BMW relay which works fine with the nautilus. Just change the connectors at the horn ( the spade connectors are different size) and fit the nautilus. I have done this on 4 GS's this way - no problem.

It's easier to use the existing BMW relay which works fine with the nautilus. Just change the connectors at the horn ( the spade connectors are different size) and fit the nautilus. I have done this on 4 GS's this way - no problem.

I'm planning on doing this. It seems that for pre-canbus systems, the existing relay works just fine, right?

I was once upon a time going to fit one of these fine horns,

That is until I realised that I use the horn little, and when I do I generally give the wrong doer a blast of the left indicator,

So I never bothered :augie

I switched the controls so that now the left indicator switch operates the horn (twin Fiamms - very loud) and the original horn button now operates the left indicator. Problem solved.

I switched the controls so that now the left indicator switch operates the horn (twin Fiamms - very loud) and the original horn button now operates the left indicator. Problem solved.

That would mess badly with my head :D

3 switches for two indicators always messed badly with my head throughout bmw ownership,
never got used to the idea

Back
Top Bottom