::::::: Virtual GS tour - ESTONIA ::::::::

Tsiklonaut

GS pervert
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Welcome on board.

Today I will guide you trough virtual journey in South-Estonia in it's fall colours...

We'll start from an old church spot where is the last outpost of tarmac-dominance in Estonia.
01.jpg

From here, we will enter into the world of gravelroad-excellence. Through medium curvy and not that potholed roads we're heading on the direction of Karula National Park.
03.jpg
04.jpg

05.jpg
06.jpg

07.jpg
08.jpg

09.jpg
10.jpg

Then we encounter some strange river corssings and bridges.
11.jpg

And a interesting pine tree that cuts the setting Suns light.
12.jpg

We'll take a slight tea-pause here. It's a quite cold day indeed.
13.jpg

But riding on one of the finest gravel roads on Earth makes you very very warm inside once you've taken control of the GS.
14.jpg
15.jpg

Here some potholes are starting to threathen you - but no problem, riding is challange! Well... Yeah, sometimes it gets a bit too much out of control on excessive speeds, but you can manage, don't worry.
16.jpg
17.jpg

Once it's under control, your adrenalin levels will fall and everyting will be normal again - reaching higher speeds again.
18.jpg
19.jpg

20.jpg
21.jpg

22.jpg
23.jpg

24.jpg
25.jpg

26.jpg

Altough the signs strongly recommend to drive maximum 50kph, we choose double of that - 100kph in case not to let deep potholes to do any serious damage to GS suspension.
27.jpg
28.jpg

Again some river crossings, glad we haven't encounter them much - you may never know when the wooden bridge could crack under GS huge weight... Here the roads are going bit more muddy and ask for more rider's skills confidence.
29.jpg
30.jpg

31.jpg
32.jpg

33.jpg
34.jpg

35.jpg

At this spot we encounter a fragment of very fine tarmac - good relaxation for boxer engine that has been under medium stress on the gravel.
36.jpg
37.jpg

But not for long... The gravel with open rocks on it doesn't like to wait long.
38.jpg
39.jpg

Acctually, it's very hard to spot your shadow on the speeds of 80-100kph on the roadside tree. But we just did it.
40.jpg

Some turns onto another roads and we're about the complete the circle.
41.jpg
42.jpg

43.jpg

The Sun is setting to, reflecting cuttin' edge light into your eyes from the mirror.
44.jpg

And todays ride is now complete - we're now riding back on the way home in the low light of sun, 250 kilometres of gravel.
45.jpg

Mo - giving virtual view of his acctual today's ride - i didn't have any school and work today. :D

I can't wait for the Tossers-on-Tour visit to Estonia, June 2005!

:moped:

Greg

Hi Mo, thought that was an excellent ride, thank you for sharing that with us.

thank you Mo

Excellent pics, makes me want to go out on the bike right now. But as its dark and raining I won't.

Looks like a great place . Top rides .Great pictures ,well done.

Great pics Mo. Looked like loads of fun.

Tell me you didn't take the pics with one hand whilst driving with the other :D

Dahoum said:
Tell me you didn't take the pics with one hand whilst driving with the other :D

In fact, i did. One hand, sometimes even two off the bar at the speeds 100kph on gravel. Takes some practice to be quick and precise photographer. :D

Mo@is still on non TKC80 - miss them alot.

PS: Since there's no Conti dealer in my country - when you guys come to Estonia in 2005 - maybe you'll bring one extra pair of TKC80 with you i could buy, eh? :beerjug:

Greg Masters said:
I can't wait for the Tossers-on-Tour visit to Estonia, June 2005!

:moped:

Greg

Sh*t Greg, you didn't tell me there was gravel.............. I fall off in gravel:eek: :eek: :eek:

Chillout dude, we have half gravel and half tarmac. Both types are mostly separate - just choose the one you like.

:spl1f:

:GSMo

Speggo said:
Sh*t Greg, you didn't tell me there was gravel.............. I fall off in gravel:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah, iPhoto is a greate thingy in cooperation with digital camera. :D

iLife = gewd stuff. :dj

:GSMo@too lazy to use Adobe/Macro pro producs

richie said:
I suppose I-life helped you with that. (only kidding)

Back
Top Bottom