Not a product - just a blatant add/promo for my services

Muppet

Heat Pump Guru
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As the title says, this is a pretty blatant ad for what I do. It's relevant in as much as if you ever need my services fro either your GS or another bike, I'll do the repair for you at the best possible price I can.

Now, <SHOCK HORROR> this links to a Bikers Oracle site, but as it'll save the BHT a lot of bandwidth by not posting a lot of pictures here, I'm sure he won't mind:D . If this post diappears then obviously he does:rolleyes:

If I can help anyone with any cosmetic damage of any sort (tanks are not that expensive to repair and respray, less than £200 in most cases, often nearer £100) get in touch. Thanks for your time.

Cosmetic repair process in words and pictures!

Got a black plastic GS tank that has some gouges in it . None to deep .

is it do'able - what would you need to do . can you spray a plastic tank ?

How much to spray an Adventure tank in a single colour (BMW Graphitan)?

Tank is in vgc.

Neil,

Yes, I can spray a plastic tank. I'd probably need to seal it with a coat of primer-filler first, they can be a bit porous can't they from what I've heard. About £175 plus VAT plus any decal you want putting on, if it's a single colour.

Steve - £150 providing there's no damage - plus cost of decals (the "1150GS" one on each side as it needs to be lacquered over) plus VAT.

Tanks need to be stripped down - fuel pump, pipework and filler cap removed.

Steve
Muppet said:
Neil,

Steve - £150 providing there's no damage - plus cost of decals (the "1150GS" one on each side as it needs to be lacquered over) plus VAT.

Tanks need to be stripped down - fuel pump, pipework and filler cap removed.

Keen price, especially if it inc. VAT.......

No Decals wanted, plain tank with BMW badges only. Will get back to you, the GSA tank I'm trying to get is now not available until the New Year:(

Steve

Steptoe said:
Got a black plastic GS tank that has some gouges in it . None to deep .

is it do'able - what would you need to do . can you spray a plastic tank ?
And hurry up about it and get another filthy pile of shit out of the neighbourhood. :mad:

Are you able to post a photo or three of your work so that quality can be judged:) ?

Steve, if you click on the link in my first post (the words underlined are a hyperlink) that takes you to a complete storyboard of the whole prcess of repairing panels. Lots of pictures there;)

Back
Top Bottom