Hello from a Newb :)

freelancer2011

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Lab. I'm 31 from Leicester, originally, currently working and living in London. I passed my Full License in February, this year. ...2 months later, I got my first motorbike ever! My baby is a 3rd-hand, 2008 F650GS in Iceberg Silver w. 8400 miles on the clock when I got her. :O)

I rode her home from Williams Manchester down to London. Excluding the dual-carriageway work in the lessons, I guess that was technically my first time on the motorways! :D

It's been a tough/love affair after the first few months due to an ailing battery issue, but she's been great since that got replaced.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the world on her but am just worried about thefts in London and me depreciating her at the rate of 30 miles each day.

-I'm hoping to run her down to the ground until she can no longer run...or swap her one day. But I'm hoping to make her last as long as possible. :)

I'm just trying to enjoy riding and I'm hoping to meet some great people :)

Lab.

Welcome aboard and enjoy your new bike :thumb2

Howdy,

Welcome along, I recommend getting yourself to France - Vosges, Alps or Northern France for battlefields/cemeteries and/or Belgian Ardennes. Must say, I have only done one Alps trip but it totally blew my mind.

Also, IMHO, it is well worth getting some advanced riding training.

Happy riding!!

James

Last edited:
Hi Lab

Welcome to UKGSer from another East Midlander :thumb2

Thanks very much for the warm welcome, everybody :D

Ah, and a fellow East Midlander, Duchess! Awesome! :D

Lab.

Back
Top Bottom