Great Place to stay on The Somme

GSGIRLY

Reaction score
http://www.orchardfarmsomme.com/

Thought I would share a great find down on the Somme. This b & b is run by an English couple, Martin and Kate Pegler. Martin was senior curator of firearms at the Royal Armouries and is the author of numerous books on military subjects and is to be seen on the latest Antiques Road Show as the military expert. Both the Peglers are keen motorcyclists and Martin does battlefield tours on his bike for other bikers.

There is a covered hardstanding secure area for your bike and I cant recommend this place enough. Really friendly, great food and fantastic area to tour round... :thumb2

:beerjug:

B&B in Combles

I can second this, I stayed with Kate and Martin two years ago at their lovely b&b. Wonderful couple who go the extra mile ! Martin, a GS rider, gave me a super guided tour of the key WW1 locations. If you like WW1 history, then this is the couple to visit. Trying to find time to re-visit.

Scorpioted

Bump

After having a great tour with Martin, I then booked a mid week break for my parents, My dad doing a tour while Kate took my mother shopping. Loverly place and great people.

Visiting the Peglers

Me and my two sons are off to here tomorrow ferry am Monday to Calais for 4 days all booked up with Kate and Martin looking forward to it,our first visit to the Somme area,touring on the bikes..

You will have a good time. Martin and Kate are excellent hosts and have a wealth of knowledge to cover any questions that you may have.

Enjoy..... ;)

We did indeed have good trip,very interesting very good hosts, information and Martin worked out several trips for us to follow loads of photos taken as already seen on this thread.We also called by the V2 bunker museum La Coupole (The Dome) just south of St Omer at Wizerne on the way down again really worth a visit.

Thanks for that it looks perfect .
I am over next june for a week so this looks top

Back
Top Bottom