Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone tried one, seen one, got one?

Me likey.....and I got wet tonight, so I NEED one :thumb2

Makes the bike look 10 years more modern, IYSWIM :nenau

iK100RS.jpg

Fit one and you'll still get wet. Only you'll be wet and will have ruined the bike as well.

Fit one and you'll still get wet. Only you'll be wet and will have ruined the bike as well.

Really?

I think it looks good TBH......I stick by my feeling that it makes the lines far more modern.....that square lamp unit really dates the bike (in the same way that the 1100 light does)
It sticks on with 3M lockpad stuff (heavy duty velcro stuff) so there's nothing damaged as such either.

I was watching the rain as it came around and hit me.....the outside edges of my legs got wet which I accept i can't chanmge without going to an LT fairing, but this screen seems to cover a lot of the airflow that was allowing my upper body to get wet tonight....It wasn't heavy rain but it was enough to show up the inadequacies of the RS fairing on a fat 6 foot 4 bloke :nenau

I've ummed and arred about that screen for years now for my K1100RS. It's an expensive mistake if it creates turbulence. I'm 6'3" so if you get one I will be interested in how you get on with it. I would remove it in the summer and just keep it as a means to keep the weather off in the winter. I'm 50/50 on the looks. I have a Laminar lip which does nothing for wet waether protection but does smooth the airflow out before the helmet gets it.

I've ummed and arred about that screen for years now for my K1100RS. It's an expensive mistake if it creates turbulence. I'm 6'3" so if you get one I will be interested in how you get on with it. I would remove it in the summer and just keep it as a means to keep the weather off in the winter. I'm 50/50 on the looks. I have a Laminar lip which does nothing for wet waether protection but does smooth the airflow out before the helmet gets it.

I'm going to keep a weekly search for a second hand one going....TBH, that screen alone would cost more than the bike cost me so I'll prevaricate just a little longer i think :D

I'm going to keep a weekly search for a second hand one going....
Good luck Bill. I suspect that most owners who bought one, stuck it on with velcro are now beyond the ability to offer theirs for sale having had the thing come unstuck at speed and been decapitated by an expensive chunk of flying perspex. ;)

Good luck Bill. I suspect that most owners who bought one, stuck it on with velcro are now beyond the ability to offer theirs for sale having had the thing come unstuck at speed and been decapitated by an expensive chunk of flying perspex. ;)

Rubber backed pop rivets and captive receivers would feature in my fitting list if I got one :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom