PARKING ENFORCEMENT NOTICE-SCOTLAND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok I know this has been covered on here before but what I want to know is if the legal situation is any different in Scotland ?.
This thread was very informative.
http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290135

In summary my daughter has received on of these from a company called Civil Enforcement Ltd, showing a picture of her car leaving or entering a car park where they claim " the maximum parking allowance was exceeded" , the car was alledgedly there for exactly 1hr and 3 mins so im guessing 3mins over.
They ask for payment of this "parking charge notice" of
£150:eek: if payed within 28days or £75:thumb if paid in 14days.

not looking for opinions just facts please
thanks

If this is a private car park it is the driver of the vehicle who enters into a civil contract by parking there. The registered keeper of the vehicle has no liability for the debt incurred when the contract was breached. They also are under no obligation to state or admit who the driver was. If the photograph identifies the driver they may have a case to pursue civil recovery of the debt. If there is no evidence of who incurred the debt there is nothing they can do except keep threatening your daughter.

If this is a private car park it is the driver of the vehicle who enters into a civil contract by parking there. The registered keeper of the vehicle has no liability for the debt incurred when the contract was breached. They also are under no obligation to state or admit who the driver was. If the photograph identifies the driver they may have a case to pursue civil recovery of the debt. If there is no evidence of who incurred the debt there is nothing they can do except keep threatening your daughter.

cheers mate , that'll do for me.:thumb

Tried, tested and stood as correct.

Negotiation and appeal confirms it was you! Just ignore any parking fine/charge from private company's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom