1150 heated grips

gingerbeemer08

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a 2001 1150 gs that currently doesnt have heated grips which I'd like to address!
Currently, the switch gear fitted has the light on/ off switch on the right hand grip and the set I've been offered is from a later model with the "permanently on" lights so no switch (but does have the loom and connector).
My question is, are these compatible? Do I need to do some cunning electrickery or will it just work with the new loom?
I can supply pics if needs be
Cheers!

Hi all,
I have a 2001 1150 gs that currently doesnt have heated grips which I'd like to address!
Currently, the switch gear fitted has the light on/ off switch on the right hand grip and the set I've been offered is from a later model with the "permanently on" lights so no switch (but does have the loom and connector).
My question is, are these compatible? Do I need to do some cunning electrickery or will it just work with the new loom?
I can supply pics if needs be
Cheers!

You'll find the connector/plug is also different between the early and later switches.
And i don't know how you think you'll be able to turn the lights on without a switch :D '

My first 1150 didn't have heated grips. I looked into trying to convert to BMW grips but ended up going down the aftermarket route eventually - much easier and cheaper. Not as neat as OEM though.

I went for a set of Oxford grips - same as the Hein Gericke ones. Easy to fit. Very effective - much better than BMW. Controller isn't pretty though. Oh and cheap too - £30ish.

Back
Top Bottom