Clutch actuator

Felters

Reaction score
Stuck down in Millau as the clutch lever actuator decided to snap on Sunday morning. Got one being delivered. The AA seem to be struggling to find a bike shop to fit it so I'll probably end up doing it myself.

Is it fairly straightforward? Do I need to remove anything to get access? Air box? Rear suspension maybe. If so then it will be one for the trade as I only have the basic tool kit plus a few extra items.

Thanks in advance
Mike

It's a fiddle, so best get the shock out of the way.

It can be done without taking the swing arm out, but it's a right royal pain in the butt to do it.If you take the rear wheel off and loosen the bottom shock mount, it gives you enough room to do it, but it's a real fiddle.

Good luck.:beerjug:

You may need the bearing as well
number 23 13 1 238 422.
My lever snapped as well and the bearing was really jammed.
I have the same bike, 1999 and Kalahari yellow.

You will need something to lay on your back on the ground when doing the job.

Pekka
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Has he got a 1200 as well then?........

Look I've got enough on my plate as it is...

It's going to be done by a local bike shop here in Millau tomorrow - assuming the parts turn up. They do quite a few Ducati's based on what I saw today so they should know their way round a bag of spanners :D

Thanks to everybody for the help that you have all given. Appreciated.

Parts arrived at 10 this morning. Bike will be ready late afternoon.

Hats off to Motorworks for getting it here in 18 hours after ordering. It is made from stainless steel and includes a new bearing. It certainly looks tough enough.

Fingers crossed!!

Parts arrived at 10 this morning. Bike will be ready late afternoon.

Hats off to Motorworks for getting it here in 18 hours after ordering. It is made from stainless steel and includes a new bearing. It certainly looks tough enough.

Fingers crossed!!
Motorworks seems to have a better aftermarket part. The original is alloy and cannot stand the load.

Pekka
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes - not a standard BMW part. Just went round to the workshop and they've installed it and will be putting the wheel back on shortly. It was their tea break...

The clutch felt smoother, although that might just be my imagination. We'll see later.

Back
Top Bottom