2610 remote antenna

Joe

I have just bought a touratech mount for my 2610, I am told that I may need a remote antenna because the T T monut blocks the signal, The only antenna I've seen as very long cable, dose anyone know if this can be shortened or can you buy one with a shorter lead????

loads of info on this if you do a search, I got mine off a guy on ebay who regularly sells them for about £15 with 1, 2 or 3 meter leads, works a treet.

I've got the TT mount as well, but haven't really had any problem with lost signals. The only times I have problems on the bike are going through heavily wooded areas. I did however buy the remote antenna about 2 months ago, more for using in the car, but haven't used it yet!

Regards,

Charles

Joe, i have replied to your PM, dont talk to John though he is very dodgey:D :eek:

Mutley

Mutley,

Thanks for your vote of confidence. :D

I've got the TT mount as well and have not had any problems except when under heavy tree cover or in very dense cities.

Mutley, does the antenna help much? Do you use it the car too?

:beer:

Jon

John, yes the anntena is great and I do use it in thr car all the time it sits on a winscreen mount and is very small, I got mine with only 1 meter of cable so its tidy to.

Well recommended bought from an ebay seller, all in with mount for £22 inc P&P.

Hope your well John.

Mutley

Joe,
Is that the mount that is up for sale on the "For sale and wanted" forum?. Both myself and Cardiff have sent a PM with no response as yet.
Dave.

Well I've tried it with & without the remote antenna & it made bugger all difference. Maybe the remote is Fu****??

Baz

Was thinking about this the other day.

the connection on that antenna is a MCX the crimping tool is quite expensive but where I am workong for the next few weeks might have one kicking about!!

so i may have totemporarily re- allocate the resources :rolleyes:

will be in touch:D

Ming is right, it has an MCX connector (SPIII's have BNC).

Suggest using a Low Profile GPS antenna (MCX 90° connector), Part No: ANT-19-MCX and is available from GPS warehouse (www.gpsw.co.uk). Costs £24.99 plus postage.

The 'techie bit' ...

Low profile active GPS antenna. Fully waterproof polycarbonate radome enclosure with magnetic base and tapped holes (M3) for screw mount.
Voltage: 2 - 5VDC
Current: 4.5mA
Gain: 19.5dB(typ)
Cable: 5m
Size: (HxWxD) 15 x 48 x 58

Regards,

RAM-man

Back
Top Bottom