Indicator switch

It's where every other bike manufacturer puts it, thankfully - on the left in a single switch.
It took them long enough.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo :blast change it quick Mr Motorad

It's where every other bike manufacturer puts it, thankfully - on the left in a single switch.

Agreed. About blimmin time.

Cheers
Jimmy

I never really saw much issue with the old system...once you used to it....but the one switch is the 'industry standard', so I can't see how changing it is much of an issue either?

:thumb2

Indicator mayhem?

Why why why BMW:blast:blast:blast

I just test rode a 2012 GS Triple black yesterday and for a bloke who has rode bikes since I was a youngster it completely blew my mind!!

I would ask the question why have them like that?

I can only say good job the 13MY has indicator switches suitable for humans who cant master a finger and thumb shuffle around the bars.

Seriously guys, for a bod looking to come over to the brand and indeed adventure bike class those indicators are not good.

I just test rode a 2012 GS Triple black yesterday and for a bloke who has rode bikes since I was a youngster it completely blew my mind!!

I can only say good job the 13MY has indicator switches suitable for humans who cant master a finger and thumb shuffle around the bars.

Seriously guys, for a bod looking to come over to the brand and indeed adventure bike class those indicators are not good.

I understand your frustration, but you get used to them in no time.:comfort I really like them, but will have to get used to the new arrangement I suppose.:blast

i hated the three buttons, and it took me a long time to get used to them.

...but they are better. sorry to see them go :(

I hated the three buttons, and it took me a long time to get used to them.

...and they are not better. Delighted to see them go :D

Cheers
Jimmy

Read this aloud to yourself a couple of times;
Left turn-push left button........
Right turn- push right button......
One button to cancel*
Can you remember that?
Hardly rocket science is it :rolleyes:

*If you ignore an activated indicator long enough it will self cancel.

Didn't know what indicators were for when I first got my 1150 :D
I've grown used to the 3 button system and like it, that said it won't be too hard to adapt to a miniscule jappo lookalike toggle switch.

It will be the battle cry of the hexhead (sorry, oil/air cooled 1200) owner luddites......
last of the real GS',
bring back 3 button indicators,
water cooling-pah!
I remember when a paralever was on the right and exhaust on the left,
1200 anniv and Triple Black....................iconic!
and other pearls of wisdom :rolleyes: :D
:rob

Just my 2p worth -

I have a mild paralysis in my left thumb and index finger, which makes the current BMW indicator setup a joy to use. I doubt very much if I could safely operate a "normal" indicator setup.

So, no new BMW for me then. . . well, OK, I also don't have any money. . .

I like the current setup too, and I have just about got it right:blagblah

Oh well, it don't look like i'll be upgrading anyway:tears

Not so - my second bike, a Harley Dyna, has the left switch on the left bar and the right switch on the right bar. Only difference is that you push the switch a second time to cancel. Also the Harley indicators self cancel after you've done the turn:clap - just like a car.:comfort

I like the two/three switch arrangement, left for left and right for right. Its the cancel button that annoys me. Why could it not be on the left hand side. I dont want to be moving my hand around the throttle, when all i want is smooth acceleration. And if i need to use the horn, chances are i will be off the throttle.

I like the two/three switch arrangement, left for left and right for right. Its the cancel button that annoys me. Why could it not be on the left hand side. I dont want to be moving my hand around the throttle, when all i want is smooth acceleration. And if i need to use the horn, chances are i will be off the throttle.

I would agree with that plus the left switch/horn is in the wrong place. It's not the first time I have given a swift toot with the left indicator. :confused:

Indicators

I have resisted buying a GS for years, as I didn’t want to be seen to following the crowd but having tried one out for two days at the BMW off-road school, I bought a 2011 Adventure earlier this year (knowing a water cooled GS was due out next year).

I absolutely love my bike but it’s the quirkiness of the machine I love most, and it’s this that makes it stand out from every other big trail bike out there. The odd ball headlights, indicator switches on each side and the too tall height, being just some of these.

Like everyone else I have used the standard Japanese switches all of my life but the 'now old' GS indicators just feel so natural to use. Such a shame that they have now been changed.

It’s once these quirky features are removed that the bike becomes just like any other big trailee out there. I have to say though that the buck toothed beak is just horrible. Reminds me of ‘Mater’ in the kid’s film ‘Cars’.

Sorry BMW, whilst I can see why you have changed to water cooled but you have got the quirkiness wrong.

Back
Top Bottom