Sad news....

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-20164370

Thoughts with his family & Prison Service colleagues

I went to NI, a couple of months ago for the first ever time and travelled through these areas and whilst the people were friendly enough, I felt an 'unspoken' unease about the place, something I can't really put into words

All I had 'heard' about NI throughout my life....... was the past from the 20-30 years ago, which is such a shame, because it's a land of beautiful places and lovely people

Why can't some people, forget the past and move forward for a united NI, for the good of all the citizens

So fecking sad:tears

I went to NI, a couple of months ago for the first ever time and travelled through these areas and whilst the people were friendly enough, I felt an 'unspoken' unease about the place, something I can't really put into words

Sadly a lot of the bigotry is just below the surface and visible if you scratch it. My wife was a nurse in the Royal in Belfast and loves the place but recent events are not good news. Its a very small minority on both sides that want to keep the hatred alive.

bit like travellers, all should be round up and shot fookers have no regard for people who want live and not bother people

What was that last comment about bigotry?

listening to the news and his wife was one. she asked for no retaliation, now i dont care what side, religion, race etc that takes some courage and forgiveness to say that. and my wishes go out to her. she is braver and stronger than i would be as dont think i would have the ability to ask that.

RIP

Shocking sad news, another cruel and pointless murder. I hope the appeal for information bears fruit, I am sure the support base is very narrow.

Please be more careful in your use of the English Language

My sympathies to this man's brave wife and family.
Surely you mean heartbroken.
Brave is a word so bandied about that it has lost it's true connotation.
E.G. Child bravely fights cancer. The child is not brave. It is unfortunate.
Bravery is heroic behaviour in the face of possibly insurmountable odds.

On to the poor man and his family. Living as I do in Norn Iron, I can only say that the distress in our community is palpable.
We still have a few fruitcakes in our community.
Please remember, though, that we have been at peace now for over 10 years, and the murder rate here is the lowest in the UK, Republic of Ireland, and most of Europe.

Myke

Another man who has given good service taken away by republican scum who know nothing but hatred and are wedded to the troubled past. So sad for his family and wider circle of friends and colleagues.

Surely you mean heartbroken.
Brave is a word so bandied about that it has lost it's true connotation.
E.G. Child bravely fights cancer. The child is not brave. It is unfortunate.
Bravery is heroic behaviour in the face of possibly insurmountable odds.

On to the poor man and his family. Living as I do in Norn Iron, I can only say that the distress in our community is palpable.
We still have a few fruitcakes in our community.
Please remember, though, that we have been at peace now for over 10 years, and the murder rate here is the lowest in the UK, Republic of Ireland, and most of Europe.

Myke

Simply we have a difference of view. A child may be unfortunate to have cancer but may fight the situation it finds itself in bravely and with dignity.

In this instance I'm sure the wife must be heartbroken but to stand up in those circumstances and ask for no reprisals does take courage.

Back
Top Bottom