Green Lanes etc

The Heff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all

Thinking about taking the Panzer onto some green lanes or minor off road stuff, but nothing too 'hard core' at this stage as I will still be on Tourance tyres

Is there anything within a reasonable distance from Banbridge?

Any help or GPS co-ordinates would be great

Thanks

Heff

Heff, don't do it on your own. The Panzer is easy to pick up on the flat, but bin it at an awkward angle and you'll never get it up. Hopefully someone on here will be along to give you advice/help

The TRF are good for byway stuff and have huge knowledge, but their rides tend to be for smaller stuff and will be unsuitable for the Panzer.

Don;t go on muddy stuff with the Metzeller tourances LOL

I found out the hard way! Pity Yosarian didn;t have a Helmet cam apparently it as spectacular I may have wrecked me hip but I didn;t drop it :aidan Ya ever see anyone "bunny hop" a 1200GS before :D

Electric monk will be around in a while but he says the K60 scout heidenau's have coped well with everything he's thrown at them

Not exactly green laning but for a bit of a muck around i go upmto quarry beside rear entrance to cave hill park. Mosttly all stony so suitable for tyres. Ignore the no tresspasing sign, foreman told me they dont care, watch out for very occasional dog walkers and steer clear of where they dumped all the mad cow carcasses, well sign posted.
Cheers
Jack

So what about elsewhere, Newry, Armagh or further afield, along the border perhaps?

Come on guys any info welcome:thumb2

Heff

So what about elsewhere, Newry, Armagh or further afield, along the border perhaps?

Come on guys any info welcome:thumb2

Heff

asking for someone publicly give up their sacred green lanes......have more luck asking them to marry their daughters :D:D

Howdy Heff,

Buy yerself an Ordinance Survey map, pick out a lash of likely lookin trails, load 'em onto yer GPS and start a new thread inviting tossers to the first "The Down and Dirty Trailride Reci".

Reci's are more fun than the actual trailride.:D

....but not on your own, especially on a big bike with tourances.

Heff Brian McGirr down our way does an organised run of sorts, really getting into some wild places. I'm happy to have a chat with him and maybe get something organised if interested?

Heff Brian McGirr down our way does an organised run of sorts, really getting into some wild places. I'm happy to have a chat with him and maybe get something organised if interested?

Been on a couple of Brian's runs. Highly recommend him, some beautiful places he takes you too, after he gets an idea of your off road ability

Not exactly green laning but for a bit of a muck around i go upmto quarry beside rear entrance to cave hill park. Mosttly all stony so suitable for tyres. Ignore the no tresspasing sign, foreman told me they dont care, watch out for very occasional dog walkers and steer clear of where they dumped all the mad cow carcasses, well sign posted.
Cheers
Jack
I have ridden the cavehill hundreds of times ,most of it is fenced off now,You can ride a few lanes around the top road of Carrick ,and around the fishing dams up there .Do the TRF have a group based in the North ??

Green lanes etc

Hi I would suggest you get in touch with Brian, he has all the trails in Fermanagh/Leitrim /Sligo sussed out, I would go on one of his trips myself but the old R80 RT isn't so hot offroad....
Eddie.

Would it be possible to get contact details for Brian NcGirr??

With the KTM 640A almost ready, wouldn't mind getting some trail experience myself :aidan

Might be able to organise something over a weekend :blagblah:beerjug:

Fancy doing that paddy dakar this year, and something similar in Spain (but the life of me, I can't remember what the Spanish one is called)

Back
Top Bottom