Hyper pro rear shock...

Losttheplot

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Following on from this thread: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318050

I'm toying with the idea of a hyper pro rear shock, but £200 extra just to have a knob to adjust the spring preload?

Is it possible to adjust the hyper pro shock using a c-spanner without taking the bike to pieces?

Or is it a case or remove the shock, adjust, replace and repeat etc until it rides as you want it?

Nathan

It depends wether you need to carry luggage, leave the luggage somewhere and then ride off road without luggage.

If not then get it set to a neutral setting to allow for general all round riding I suppose.

It depends wether you need to carry luggage, leave the luggage somewhere and then ride off road without luggage.

Well that's the point really.

I'm just trying to establish how much aggro it is to adjust the pre load on the shock without having the fancy adjuster.

When I discussed this with Bas he said it was practically impossible to get a c spanner in there and suggested putting the bike on a stand and removing the top shock bolt. I found that I could turn the spring by hand which will also turn the adjuster without removing the shock. Not sure how easy it would be to turn it with the bike loaded though.

When I discussed this with Bas he said it was practically impossible to get a c spanner in there and suggested putting the bike on a stand and removing the top shock bolt. I found that I could turn the spring by hand which will also turn the adjuster without removing the shock. Not sure how easy it would be to turn it with the bike loaded though.

Thanks rossi :beerjug:

That's what I was thinking, no space because of tank

You can adjust the spring, on the xcontry at least.
I modified the c spanner(put it on an angle grinder), there isn,t a lot of room but it is possible and not too awkward.
The hyperpro shock is really good,as is Bas,s knowledge of all things to do with suspension.
Hes also a really great guy.!

Back
Top Bottom