2013 new BMW R1200GS LC African journey with new R1200GS

Well...

I guess you have to have a sweet spot for Africa (in this case Kenya) to appreciate that video...
Brings back lots of memories.
Put me right back there...:)

An amazing bike showing new BMW Jekyll and Hyde technology.:eek:

It has the ability to change colour and grow crash bars when washed for the first time although it appears to return to normal when it dries :D :nenau

Mike

An amazing bike showing new BMW Jekyll and Hyde technology.:eek:

It has the ability to change colour and grow crash bars when washed for the first time although it appears to return to normal when it dries :D :nenau

Mike

Don't forget it morphed it's mag wheels and dual sport tyres into spoked wheels and TKCs

It just looked like a bloke riding around some towns in Africa? Didn't look very adventurous?
I too am a little confused :nenau

That new LC does sound nice though!

I'm pleased BM have confirmed it's OK the wash the new bike with a pressure washer, although I assume the clean agent (soap) used was an approved product

My my, how incredibly dull that was.

not at all sure i've ever seen a pro video that's so boring.

highlight was glimpse of posh new ignition key.

I'm pleased BM have confirmed it's OK the wash the new bike with a pressure washer, although I assume the clean agent (soap) used was an approved product

It seems it is OK if care is used...... and I do hope they found some of this at the cleaning station "Use only BMW recommended cleaning products"

How to clean your motorcycle
Here's a few do's and don'ts from the team at BMW Motorrad UK in order to keep your BMW motorcycle in tip-top condition.

Do

Always wash your bike when the engine, exhaust and brakes are cold
Use only BMW recommended cleaning products
Rinse off any road salt daily with cold water
Use appropriate polish to protect painted surfaces

Don't

Use washing-up liquid as a bike detergent
Rinse off road salt with hot water
Apply polish to brake discs of tyres
Use a pressure washer close up near oil seals, bearings, breathers and air intakes

Back
Top Bottom