Prices annouced this morning

"Prices for the new R 1200 GS have been announced today, the R 1200 GS TE which we believe will be the most popular specification with the LED headlight / Day-time running lights / Cruise Control / Dynamic ESA & ABS plus a host of other features is £13,815.00..."

The base model R 1200 GS starts at £11395 and the R1200 GS E (Enduro) kicks in at £12435.

Cheaper than a lot of folk thought!

"Prices for the new R 1200 GS have been announced today, the R 1200 GS TE which we believe will be the most popular specification with the LED headlight / Day-time running lights / Cruise Control / Dynamic ESA & ABS plus a host of other features is £13,815.00..."

Is it just me or is that bloody expensive for a motorbike ? :eek:

Is it just me or is that bloody expensive for a motorbike ? :eek:

That very much depends how much you enjoy motorcycles and motorcycling. If it is seen purely as a method of commuting then yes this is a lot of money but if motorcycling gives you the immense pleasure that most members of this forum seem to glean from it and you understand the value of things as well as the cost then the cost of a bike is relative to that pleasure.
No one is forced to buy one and pay this price but lots of folk will, cause they're damn good bikes and considered by many to be worth the price.
If it seems too expensive for you go buy a Yamazuki.

ere we go! them in the yes camp them in the no camp :blagblah

Well said "Malvern_Beemer"...:clap

TD
:beerjug:

Considering that the R1100GS was the best part of £9500 new in 1994 I think the prices have been kept fairly reasonable in comparison. Still a lot more than I can afford though :(

That very much depends how much you enjoy motorcycles and motorcycling. If it is seen purely as a method of commuting then yes this is a lot of money but if motorcycling gives you the immense pleasure that most members of this forum seem to glean from it and you understand the value of things as well as the cost then the cost of a bike is relative to that pleasure.
No one is forced to buy one and pay this price but lots of folk will, cause they're damn good bikes and considered by many to be worth the price.

ere we go! them in the yes camp them in the no camp :blagblah

Well said "Malvern_Beemer"...:clap

TD
:beerjug:

Absolutely :thumb2

I can't afford one and am unlikely to ever be able to but, hey, something is worth what people are prepared to pay for it and plenty of people will be prepared to pay that for one. I'm also sure it'll be an even better bike than the current 1200 :)

Now the prices have been announced though, it's looking very much like the GS and the new KTM are going to be competing pretty much head to head.
If I did have the money, I know which I'd be looking at though and it wouldn't be the Bavarian one....................

Andres

In my opinion that is a fucked up view of motorcycling.

Considering that the R1100GS was the best part of £9500 new in 1994 I think the prices have been kept fairly reasonable in comparison. Still a lot more than I can afford though :(

well said that man, lots of people just like to moan about the price of everything then they will tell you how much there house is worth.
a friend of mine who knows a chap that knows someone who works at a bmw dealership as been told they will make you buy one at gunpoint and if needed march you to your bank to collect deposit.

No, it's not just you...

Still, I'm sure there'll be lines of 'aspirational consumers' lined up outside the 'Dealers' soon enough...

:blast

You stick to what you can afford/justify to yourself buddy if you 'get off' on an old 1150, the new ones arent particularly any more expensive than other new bikes of a similar ilk.

And there is still a good chance that a '94 1100GS is fixable today even after 18 years whereas I suspect that fixing a problem in 2030 on a WC bike ordered today is probably close to zero

Back
Top Bottom