TRF - Scotland

WindyChuffer

Reaction score
Whats the equivalent of the TRF in Scotland? Just been looking on TRF website to find they operate in England & Wales only...:nenau

Off to Scotland (East Kilbride area) for Xmas week. Thought I'd take my 1200 & 250 pogo up, and fancy some off roading.

:nenau

Whats the equivalent of the TRF in Scotland? Just been looking on TRF website to find they operate in England & Wales only...:nenau

Off to Scotland (East Kilbride area) for Xmas week. Thought I'd take my 1200 & 250 pogo up, and fancy some off roading.

:nenau

There isn't any legal offroading in Scotland, except for organised competitions on private land, with the laird's permission or private riding on private land, again with the laird's permission

Scottish Right To Roam Act 2003 means you can walk all over my farm with your dogs, horses and mountainbikes!

That also means I can walk, cycle and ride a horse on someone elses land and it's one of the better things that our Scottish government have sorted out......Not perfect but a lot better than things used to be!

As for a motorbike.............Forget it!

There are however old farm or drove roads and 'forestry' roads and in some cases you can ride a motorbike or even drive a 4x4 on them........Best to ask the landowner though for vehicular access.

I couldn't ride my GS around the estate i'm a tenant farmer on as i doubt my 'Laird' would let me!:blast

FP.

If you're off to EK then google kypeside. It's a farm not to far away that had various outdoor sports including quad tracks. They may allow you on with your bike as you could take your own quad

We use the logging roads all around Galloway Forest park, forest drive, etc
No one seems to mind if you are not running loud pipes and are courteous & considerate to al you happen across:thumb

Wade's roads are as good as you'll get legally without permission, but finding them can be tricky! :augie

Wade's roads are as good as you'll get legally without permission, but finding them can be tricky! :augie

They can be dodgy as well, the cops gave me a hard time at the start of one near Fort Bill cos the little bastard estate manager grassed me up.

We use the logging roads all around Galloway Forest park, forest drive, etc
No one seems to mind if you are not running loud pipes and are courteous & considerate to al you happen across:thumb

BUT, do remember if you have an accident especially with a member of the public-ie ,mountain biker,horse rider. You do not have insurance and you will be in a whole heap of trouble..unfortunately.

They can be dodgy as well, the cops gave me a hard time at the start of one near Fort Bill cos the little bastard estate manager grassed me up.

Would that be the corrieyairack pass by any chance?

What folk should remember ,and i say this without being too patronising,is if it was just you that was using it you probably think,where's the harm in that,no damage ,nothing disturbed,no-one upset.

However,what about the next group that hear about the track,maybe they have a few enduro bikes,possibly a motocrosser or two and it turns into a bit of a hare and hounds practice meet.

That is why landowners are very guarded who they let use the tracks and hill roads.Where it might be possible for a local person known to them to potter about without damaging the ground.You can be very sure the police will be called if a group of strangers decide to chance it a bit.

Back
Top Bottom