G650GS RPM problem

Halfa1200

Reaction score
I have just done 7200 miles on my G650GS and the rev counter has now decided after about 15miles into my trip to show maximum revs and the red warning light is illuminated, I'm in top gear at 60mph so only pulling about 4000rpm, Has anyone else come across this ?. Its still under warranty so the dealer will be getting another e-mail about another problem with the bike.
Other than that I am very pleased with the bike.

I think a few of these instrument panels have had to be replaced! Having said that lots of us think that the rev counter is difficult to see and also the gear change light is set too high up in the rev range.

Check out www.F650.co.uk G650GS/Sertao section......There's a lot of on here over there!:thumb

Merry Christmas

FP.

Finally got the bike back, there was a fault code on the fuel pump. Dealers took the bike out on 60 miles of test rides and the rev counter and engine worked fine every time. BMW cannot give a reason for the rev counter malfunction. Not my problem come March as getting a F700GS instead.

Back to the dealers again, engine cutting out and rev counter going haywire. Fitted a new speed sensor on the crankshaft and replaced the side stand switch. So far no problems.

I think a few of these instrument panels have had to be replaced! Having said that lots of us think that the rev counter is difficult to see and also the gear change light is set too high up in the rev range.

Check out www.F650.co.uk G650GS/Sertao section......There's a lot of on here over there!:thumb

Merry Christmas

FP.

Gear change light? I thought that was the "For Fucks Sake change cos I'm gonna bang on the engine limiter" Light!

lmao

Back
Top Bottom