Road Reg'n an Enduro Bike

TheMcQuaid

Reaction score
Howdy folks, this is something that i never did know how to do, wether it was a big deal or straight forward

Anyone any idea whats involved if one wanted to buy a 2nd hand enduro bike, 6/7 years old that has all lights and clocks etc

Yay or nay?

cheers

need a certificate of conformance. get this from manufacturer. most here dont do it anymore so have go uk.

if 6/7 year old may be ok for VAT or else be very little anyway

Ring Naas testing centre (from biker.ie) these seem be easiest going for doing this work as lot other places want proof of vat paid on day bike 1st sold. then make sure all lights, brake lights, plate light etc work and has key ignition

that or get some one in north do it then just swop over irish plate

1890 927787 will get you through to the 'Unregistered vehicles' unit of the revenue service. They can book you a VRT inspection appointment.

If the bike is 6 or 7 years old that's fine but the clock has to read over 6000km or you'll end up paying the VAT. There are ways of getting a vintage/classic bike registered by getting a letter from an appropriate Club which in turn gets you a certificate of export which in turn could get ya a registration cert. In all fairness, a set of number stamps would be very easy. What bike is it ?

DRZ1000GS

Cheers guys

It will be something along the lines of a WR450 or DRZ400

Im starting to think wether it will be worth it or not

Cheers guys

It will be something along the lines of a WR450 or DRZ400

Im starting to think wether it will be worth it or not

if you dont actually have the bike yet then dont bother.

easier and cheaper just buy a road reg enduro.

not many here and usually ask lot for privilage of it. best go up north or uk. sadly downside is prices in uk are lot more than here lately

try enduro.ie

Yeh im thinking that, sterling aint working for us at the minute but there seems to be choice on road reg'd bikes over there, i need them over 6k mls but seen as its down the years and low in cc VRT won't be a rip

:thumb2

Yeh im thinking that, sterling aint working for us at the minute but there seems to be choice on road reg'd bikes over there, i need them over 6k mls but seen as its down the years and low in cc VRT won't be a rip

:thumb2

when getting them from uk with plate on them dont need worry about miles on them. its just when reg them 1st from outside EU or no reg at all that miles become issue

Afaik any bike imported from uk or the rest of the eu is eligible for Vat if there's less than 6000 kilometres on the clock regardless of age.

Afaik any bike imported from uk or the rest of the eu is eligible for Vat if there's less than 6000 kilometres on the clock regardless of age.

you serious, suppose with it done in NCT centre not tax office they check this.

well thats easy sort, just go cityspares pick up cheapo clock with few extra miles on it.

that or when get bike stick drill on end speedo and add few turns to it.

Yeah, any vehicle that's been registered in the country of origin for less than 6 monmths or less than 6000km.

I bought a 2008 DRZ400SM from the North and went to check the odometer which read 5800, I immediately got out the drill and set it to high speed on the cable then realized the clocks read in miles not Kilometers. No VAT to be paid, just €300 VRT.
DAEFEE23-EF9F-4627-B6D3-1DCE5CC5B992-6718-0000091DF63C6D00.jpg

............ I immediately got out the drill and set it to high speed on the cable then realized the clocks read in miles not Kilometers...............

So which drill speed for Miles & which for Kilometers - :aidan

correction!!

when getting them from uk with plate on them dont need worry about miles on them. its just when reg them 1st from outside EU or no reg at all that miles become issue

I can tell you from experience that the requirements to be met so that a bike will not be liable for VAT , in addition to VRT, when being first registered here is that it must be both more than six months old and have in excess of the mileage requirements ( i think 4k mile/6k kms, on the vrt website).
A bike showing lesser mileage will attract VAT.

Back
Top Bottom