13-19 March - Wherever the weather is ok :)

CuzGS

Reaction score
Im using up my leave rather than losing it so plan to go away for a jaunt around above dates, give or take a couple either side

Plan A is scotland via peaks and lakes, plan b wales, plan c france, wherever has best weather

Looking to use cheap accn wherever, am not averse to blasting the alps, doing 3 days there and blasting back

Anyone fancy it, i promise not to snore :)

Im using up my leave rather than losing it so plan to go away for a jaunt around above dates, give or take a couple either side

Plan A is scotland via peaks and lakes, plan b wales, plan c france, wherever has best weather

Looking to use cheap accn wherever, am not averse to blasting the alps, doing 3 days there and blasting back

Sounds a perfect plan, I'm definitely interested. 8 days leave to take by 1 April or lose them.

Sorry Im told I do snore, happy to buy you some ear plugs if required :thumb

Try independent hostels in Scotland, should be about £15 per night and most have cooking facilities, good luck and enjoy. steeevo

Hi there. New to this site but just clocked your post. I was just wondering how many offers you have had so far and how flexible (if at all) you are with the dates?

Hiya, yep youd be v welcome.

Im flex on dates a bit, the outside ones would be those listed but can chop a day either side or add a day either side if it helps.

My gut feeling is to do Scot or wales as lesss cost with ferries etc, having said that if weather is crap then Im happy to chase decent weather wherever it happens to be.

How abouts maybe interested parties having a curry at mine followed by a day out in the peak district in mid to late feb on a dry day and we can thrash out details of dates, the rest we can cuff :):thumb

Hiya, yep youd be v welcome.

Im flex on dates a bit, the outside ones would be those listed but can chop a day either side or add a day either side if it helps.

My gut feeling is to do Scot or wales as lesss cost with ferries etc, having said that if weather is crap then Im happy to chase decent weather wherever it happens to be.

How abouts maybe interested parties having a curry at mine followed by a day out in the peak district in mid to late feb on a dry day and we can thrash out details of dates, the rest we can cuff :):thumb

keep me posted, i wont make the curry night though for obvious reasons:blast

In March, the weather can be very unpredictable anywhere. Wouldn't go near the Alps in March unless you're planning on skiing there :)
To be honest, Scotland is as likely to be fine weatherwise as France is in March, so, as you said, save the ferry money and keep riding on the left :D.
I think it was last year they had amazing weather for a couple of weeks in Scotland in the spring, and it was shite down here, so ye never know.
Enjoy the ride wherever ye go, it's gotta be better than work :thumb

Rob

If cost is a issue then consider syha at £15 for family & friends membership upto 9 people on this membership, accomadtion is all over scotland in some great locations, some do breakfast,, evening meals or both, also cooking facility's tea and coffee always avilible for free, most have drying rooms just in case, the cost per night varies from £8 a night and it can be booked on the net using your membership and cancelled on short notice
I've done a trip to Scotland booking rooms as I go the night before but if its holiday time not recommend

Some accommodation are dormitorys male & female but if there is a few tosses should be fun

Please excuse my spelling as I'm not very well educated
As I've already been told:flag

Cheers rob, yep i did alps last feb mar and go lucky :). Ended up in andorra skiing :)

I love my work just a bit less than my riding :)

You're a lucky man then :D I remember the report from Andorra, didn't realise it was yerself :D I enjoyed it immensely, so looking forward to seeing where ye end up this time. Enjoy :thumb

Rob

Last edited:
Mate just keep an eye on this thread. As i say it may be a good idea if feb to meet for coffe with all avail people and thrash out a plan , or some plans

Youre v welcome, chat soon :)

Back
Top Bottom