Trail Road in Laois

john_aero

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just browsing through maps off few roads i see every day when pass to work.

There are few mucky and stoney roads that look like private driveyways etc or very bad back road.

looking on google maps seems some these are listed as roads. no road names on them but they all link up to eachother and to eith minor or national roads between durrow and abbeyleix.

most of these do go towards few county houses, "manors" and some just wander into distance but looks like join up with other road (actual road hidden by trees on the satelite version)

justc urious to see, if these are listed on the local maps as well as google maps can you ride them?

some these roads i have used, some i walked in past and very single tracks to be honest and if go left instead right would go down a walking trail.

just want have look around but dont want blaze down someones private road and wake the local gentry folk up from their afternoon slumber after noon tea. tut tut

5eyes if your awake these roads are just across from you place.

...... Curious to see, if these are listed on the local maps as well as google maps, can you ride them ?

If there's no gate or sign I can't see how anyone could have a problem with ya goin down to have a look.....

If there's no gate or sign I can't see how anyone could have a problem with ya goin down to have a look.....

well that always my reasoning. more wanted see if there were probs before

like i used go up some roads that were tracks not roads. but had road numbers. some tosser moaned now there is a gate up on the slieve blooms. pitty as was great short cut on 4x4 when heading off with civil defense

the road now used as a "car park" for walkers only

Back
Top Bottom