Anyone had/has a KLV1000?

V2 TRV

Reaction score
My brother is looking at one for our trip this year to Mugello and the Ring. His ZX10 wouldnt suit so he looking to supplement his collection with a KLV - it always has to be a Kwak :blast

Anyway - i owned a 650Strom years ago and was v impressed by it.

Anyone have any useful pointers?

Thanks

Trev :thumb2

The KLV is a 1000cc V-strom.

It's even got Suzuki stamped on the frame! Uses the Suzuki engine, etc., etc.,

Biggest difference is its orange. So all the good reviews about the 1000 V-strom apply.

The KLV is a 1000cc V-strom.

It's even got Suzuki stamped on the frame! Uses the Suzuki engine, etc., etc.,

Biggest difference is its orange. So all the good reviews about the 1000 V-strom apply.

No the biggest differnce was the KLV was £1500 dearer new than the V strom and the V strom sold a lot better than the KLV ever did. Infact i don't think i've ever heard of anyone owning a KLV or wanting too

No the biggest differnce was the KLV was £1500 dearer new than the V strom and the V strom sold a lot better than the KLV ever did. Infact i don't think i've ever heard of anyone owning a KLV or wanting too

Maybe price didn't help sales, but they were made on the same production line in the same factory, so "not wanting one" has nothing to do with the quality ect of the bike as they are one and the same machine apart from branding.

A chap at my local bike cafe had one and loved it. I think he did something like 30k in 3 years and never put a spanner on it:thumb

It's a Suzuki with a Kawasaki badge but none the worse for that. They are very popular stateside because they are fairly cheap and reliable and will just about do everything a GS will do on the road:thumb

Maybe price didn't help sales, but they were made on the same production line in the same factory, so "not wanting one" has nothing to do with the quality ect of the bike as they are one and the same machine apart from branding.

Yeah i know that, same as the KLX450 which was part suzuki colaberation

I used to have a dl1000. Did a about 30k on it and, apart from normal servicing, didn't need anything doing to it. It never missed a beat.

Decent bike, a little wallowy when pressing on but stil fairly capable.

ISTR that Dave Marsden of Z-Power fame had one and completed a RTW trip on it.

Edit: It's mentioned in THIS article. He completed the trip with Nick Saunders in 96 days. He's quite an approachable chap - give him a call and I'm sure he'll try to answer your questions. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom