1200 V-Max

Anyone ever owned one ? Hanckared after one for years..maybe have a slight chance of getting one. Anything to look out for/advice etc.

:beerjug:

second gear can become noisy on high mileage ones.get an import,i think the brit ones were down on horsepower.bloody awful on bends,even when after market shocks fitted.back seat is awful[missus wouldnt get on so sold it].when the revs reach 6500 hold on or it will throw you off the back in any gear.still one of the fastest in a straight line,since 1984 i think.as some one said on here.

goes like stink,but handles like shit.but what a fuckin rush when the v boast kicks in. hth. j

I had a test ride on a full power one in the USA at Daytona bike week years ago as it was THE bike I wanted. Unfortunately it shattered a dream as it was the least inspiring bike ever. The riding position was like I was sat on a rocking horse and it had no charachter. Still lovelly to look at though and at todays prices worth it just to look at:p

My wife always wanted one until she tried a friend's and couldn't pull the clutch in. Admittedly, it did have a Barnett clutch in it. I rode it and although it was an import and had switchable V-Boost, it didn't really seem that quick or have as much torque as I expected.....:nenau

Old technology and feels like it, these days.

Hey, I ride an airhead boxer and think that is modern technology ! :pullface

I used to ride them when they were current which gives me a clear insight into the depth of your delusion. :comfort

I had one for 12 years.
They are truly one of those icon bikes that come about now and again. It’s the ultimate muscle bike just like i guess the Mustang car was in the 60/70’s
Like the Mustang it was built for looks and speed and nothing more. The brakes were made out of wood so to speak and the corner finesse was worse than a Harley. But sometimes with any machine that’s what makes it iconic.
I don’t really need to add much from the above. The worst to me which i did not really find iconic was its puny fuel tank range and the tiny tank under the seat. But the rest is a beast and is going down as a very iconic bike in history

Back
Top Bottom