Triumph Thruxton

Magwa

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well I'm going to sell my Ducati ST2 and trade up to a nice Triumph Thruxton ( Pre 2010 as I don't want anything built in TAIWAN:eek: )

Any comments from anyone

PS: I will be back on a GS soon ( after divorce resolved)
But until then Triumph calls:thumb
I love a BIG twin !

Magwa:rob

PS: I will be back on a GS soon ( after divorce resolved)

I love a BIG twin !

Magwa:rob

Comments ....

Is your Avatar who you are divorcing?
.... or the cause of your divorce ;)

:beerjug:

Get yourself a set of TORS exhausts and they really make the bike. Mid range gains about 6 bhp which may not seem a lot but it really changes the character of the bike. You can do all sorts of airbox mods etc but TORS is a good start and can be picked up on e bay,

really rate my 2010 Bonneville now it's been sorted,

+1 on the TORS, make it sound like a proper Trumpet :thumb It'll fart and pop on the overrun but if you bung a marble in the Air Injection pipe it cures it. Details on Triumph Rat forums.

You might want to look at a Dart fly-screen as well, looks cool and actually works, unlike GS screens :augie

Comments ....

Is your Avatar who you are divorcing?
.... or the cause of your divorce ;)

:beerjug:

Cheers all
The avatar is the new "lady" in my life:cool:
As for playing with the thruxton;) It will stay standard spec
I don't need the speed/ performance ( been there done all of that)
Just a nice summer riding bike

:thumb

Had a new Thruxton with Norman Hyde pipes, lovely looking thing, sounded awesome but you also get the authentic 60's ride, bouncy on the bends, gasping @ 80+ so it will be just a summer cruiser cos if you try to hustle it then it will bounce you out of the saddle :bounce1

Attachments

• Thruxton 1 resize.jpg
    Thruxton 1 resize.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 709
Had a new Thruxton with Norman Hyde pipes, lovely looking thing, sounded awesome but you also get the authentic 60's ride, bouncy on the bends, gasping @ 80+ so it will be just a summer cruiser cos if you try to hustle it then it will bounce you out of the saddle :bounce1

Cheers for that.
That's just why I want one:thumb

Magwa :beerjug:

Well I'm going to sell my Ducati ST2 and trade up to a nice Triumph Thruxton ( Pre 2010 as I don't want anything built in TAIWAN:eek: )

They're NOT built in Taiwan, some Bonnevilles for export markets are assembled in Thailand, the engines are all built in England. :thumb

I'd prefer the ones built in Taiwan :D

My PCX is built there and no probs at all :thumb2

Post dated March 2008

"Bonnevilles still made in the UK? - Yes, all current EFI models are but (I got the impression) it is possible Bonnie production could be concentrated in Thailand sometime soon but that would not mean Bonnies will be no longer made at Hinckley ever again. There is only one assembly line at Hinckley which can and does assemble all the models meaning they could drop on and off Bonnies at any time, as required. There are no Thai personnel actually working in the Hinckley factory but they do come over constantly for various purposes.

Thai Bonnies coming to the UK? - Yes, they go everywhere but delivery distances are taken into account for cost, convenience and even carbon footprint purposes"

Why would Triumph bring Bonnies back to the UK from Thailand if they were also being assembled in Hinckley? :nenau

Lovely looking bike....the colour scheme has a certain Ducati look and it matches your good lady's choice of lingerie!

Win, win, win :D

107402.jpg

Posed pics to follow "suzi" will be onboard :rolleyes:

107402.jpg

Posed pics to follow "suzi" will be onboard :rolleyes:

& I hate to say this BUT I now prefer the Thruxton to the 1150GSA. It more suits my needs and will lead me to the Morgan Three wheeler ( ordered and awaiting delivery Mid 2014)

]

& I hate to say this BUT I now prefer the Thruxton to the 1150GSA. It more suits my needs and will lead me to the Morgan Three wheeler ( ordered and awaiting delivery Mid 2014)

]
Can't blame you, I really fancy a Bonneville, they do an all black version that look great and I'm really not in to that triple black nonsense :p

Post up when you get the Morgan Trike, I've had a sit in one, wonderful thing!

Can't blame you, I really fancy a Bonneville, they do an all black version that look great and I'm really not in to that triple black nonsense :p

Post up when you get the Morgan Trike, I've had a sit in one, wonderful thing!

I've driven one a real Vintage Morgan Threewheeler, I've owned a 1932 BSA V twin threewheeler, a 1981 (based) JZR Threewheeler, now driven and ordered a REAL £30k Morgan
I'm busy sorting my Piggy Bank out to pay for it late next year :eek:

But Mine will be in BRG with tan leather interior not the Gulf colours as the test vehicle below:thumby:

At that point I shall sell my Thruxton and will be retiring from motorcycles. So The Thruxton is to be my last bike

107867.jpg

107868.jpg

Back
Top Bottom