New KTM RC8R

Udders

A Needy Twat
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My mate's just ordered one. It'll be on a 13 plate. Got a bit of a bargain cos it's costing him a grand total of £10,500! :eek::clap

Is it a 2013 model year bike?

I hate to say it but yes it is. Brand new model and on a 13 plate. Being delivered on the 22nd. He was qouted £10,500 from 2 different dealers too. He's trading in his 990 SMT in aswell.

Funnily enough I was in a KTM dealership this afternoon and they had an brand new RC8R in stock for sale at £10495otr

When I enquired he told me it was a 2012 model. There was another RC8R sat next to it and that was a 2013 model which was considerably more expensive than £10495

Me thinks your mate may well have bought a 2012 bike :augie

Funnily enough I was in a KTM dealership this afternoon and they had an brand new RC8R in stock for sale at £10495otr

When I enquired he told me it was a 2012 model. There was another RC8R sat next to it and that was a 2013 model which was considerably more expensive than £10495

Me thinks your mate may well have bought a 2012 bike :augie

What's the difference? Any obvious signs so he can tell if he's been fed porkies?

Colour only I believe ...... the 2012 bike had more white on it and orange wheels whereas the 2013 had a black front fairing panel and black wheels

2012-ktm-rc8r-1.jpg

ktm-1190-rc8-r-2013.jpg

i had the std version 2yr ago when they were knocking them out for £8k new, fantastic and shite at the same time but i'd still have another :blast was twitching when i saw this deal but would have to sell two to raise the sponds :(

Yep 20 bhp up and some work on the fueling plus twin plug heads, think the R was pretty much ok, the std one fueled like a pig

He's well excited now cos it's being delivered tomorrow afternoon :thumb2

Well he got all of 100 yards before chucking it on the floor and spinning it round 180 degrees on it's side yesterday afternoon! :blast

He didn't tell me till this morning so he had a night off from the piss taking! :rolleyes:

Nope, nothing to do with the new tyres! Twas the new aftermarket brake and clutch levers he fitted. :blast The clutch lever wouldn't pull in far enough to disengage the clutch properly, couldn't get neutral very easily and catapulted him sideways when he exited his drive. He's now put the origional levers back on. :rolleyes:
Luckily he'd spent the morning putting R&G protectors on all over it and they've taken most of the impact / damage.

Apparently mirror arms are £145. :blast Unlucky.

Nope, nothing to do with the new tyres! Twas the new aftermarket brake and clutch levers he fitted. :blast The clutch lever wouldn't pull in far enough to disengage the clutch properly, couldn't get neutral very easily and catapulted him sideways when he exited his drive. ......

They walk amongst us..:rolleyes:

Well at least it wasn't outside the dealers !! :eek:

Some of the cheaper after market levers can cause problems, i remember a load of the new V4 Aprilias coming back into my local dealers with gear change/clutch drag issues @ a few hundred miles, everyone was down to replacement levers.

I have them on the super Ten and they will be coming off soon as i dont think they are working properly

Back
Top Bottom