KTM 690 forks??

i think it would be a safer bet to get the seller to measure the diameters before bidding,as far as i am aware it is only the shivers that are a direct replacement.the ebay forks are white power so i have no idea if the lower castings will even have the same threads!

Last edited:
Different diameter clamps on the 690 forks. I think timpo has done this to his XC.

are the ktm 690 forks a direct slide in and just machine bottom legs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ktm-exc-f...69?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c2fd0f321

Not at all.

I've just fitted a pair of these forks to my XC, and even with the WP's in standard trim it is a huge improvement.

I went the route of fitting a KTM front wheel and the yokes from an EXC ktm.

I just needed to get the stem on the yokes machine down to 28mm to take the standard bearings. You remove about 1mm in total, so nothing to worry about in the terms of integrity.

The other option is to press out the ktm stem and re-install the XC one in it's place. IIRC Timpo went this route.

To put these forks on my bike i needed:

Forks
Yokes
KTM front fender
KTM front wheel (complete with disc) and axle
calliper bracket- the XC calliper is the same as the KTM unit, it just needs the adaptor.
I have a ktm part number if you want it.

All that is needed then is to fabricate up support for the original dashboard, headlight and ignition switch.

If i was going this route again, i would search out some yokes from a 690 to go with the forks. These have the lock stops on them, unlike the exc one's i fitted which don't.

well time just go for the older forks as couldnt afford another large forks conversion

need get ones that slide into yokes and basic work

Standard front wheel is made of cheese. Use a proper one!

What would be needed to use the 690 forks,yokes and the standard front wheel?

IIRC the XC axle is of a smaller diameter than the ktm item.

You may just need to get a new axle and spacer machined up to fit, but as my original wheel was not in good shape it wasn't really an option that i explored with my bike.

Back
Top Bottom