Didn't take long...

That's already been discussed on another forum, and the consensus is that is the GSA, as no LC's have been delivered yet.:rob How can a recall be issued on a bike that hasn't even gone on sale yet?:nenau

That's already been discussed on another forum, and the consensus is that is the GSA, as no LC's have been delivered yet.:rob How can a recall be issued on a bike that hasn't even gone on sale yet?:nenau

'Recalling' doesn't necessarily mean that they're taking back ones already out there....it also means ones delivered, or on their way to be delivered, to dealerships :nenau

The 'fault' could easily have become noticed in the press/pre-release bikes, or in longer term BMW test mules

How can they recall a model (The GSA) that doesn't even exist yet :confused:

'Recalling' doesn't necessarily mean that they're taking back ones already out there....it also means ones delivered, or on their way to be delivered, to dealerships :nenau

The 'fault' could easily have become noticed in the press/pre-release bikes, or in longer term BMW test mules

How can they recall a model (The GSA) that doesn't even exist yet :confused:

It could be the new model, its no bad thing if it is, as they'll all have the update before initial deliveries take place, but it could be the GSA, model year 2013 (current model, not the non existent one:p):beerjug:

It just seems odd as Canada hasn't even had the bike launch yet:rob

It could be the new model, its no bad thing if it is, as they'll all have the update before initial deliveries take place, but it could be the GSA, model year 2013 (current model, not the non existent one:p):beerjug:

Was there a change between the 2012 and 2013 models that matches this:

The 2013 BMW R1200GS is almost entirely new, including the transmission which is fully integrated into the engine casing, so there’s no worry about this issue affecting previous model years.

?

LC oil fault

Post only talks about 2013LC and not anything about GSA and no problems with previous builds I.e 2012 models ,so alls well as I haven't got a new LC waiting for me but its confidence for anyone who's ordered one and the first fault been rectified before Any handovers have taken place, well done BMW for being honest before it gets to mass recall stage :clap

BMW obviously put the wrong oil in those ones:aidan Which leads to my first oil question:augie:blast:D:D

its confidence for anyone who's ordered one and the first fault been rectified before Any handovers have taken place, well done BMW for being honest before it gets to mass recall stage :clap

Exactly.:thumb They could have easily not mentioned it at all, as no one has taken delivery yet. Any new model is going to have the odd recall here and there, so as long as the new owners take this into consideration, there shouldn't be too many hissy fits:rob:D

If this talk of a g/box , transmission oil leak is true, how is it that after all the thousands of miles done during development, this is only coming to light now, a few weeks before the launch. :nenau :nenau

If this talk of a g/box , transmission oil leak is true, how is it that after all the thousands of miles done during development, this is only coming to light now, a few weeks before the launch. :nenau :nenau

You could say the same about any product:thumb

This one's doomed I tell ya:D

I think the difference between what a salesman says, and what we want to hear comes to light in this case rather well...

I'm curious to know how they developed the bike for years, and just started producing it a few months ago...???:blast

So.. they prototyped one (or a few) up.. changed them over years and got a great product as per form and function...

Now they (a few months ago).. moved the bike to production... this will inevitably create some issues that need sorting out over the next couple years.

So.. what they said is true... but the fact is that the bike users get is brand new, and there will be issues...

Al...

If this talk of a g/box , transmission oil leak is true, how is it that after all the thousands of miles done during development, this is only coming to light now, a few weeks before the launch.

Boeing Dreamliner anyone? :D

Back
Top Bottom