Where do you buy your batteries?

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just curious. The BMW ones are massive money but do the job. I had an unsealed lead acid battery in it and its toast. So much so, I can't jump the bike from a booster pack through the battery but can when the booster pack is directly attached to the + and - cables. Time for a new battery!

Motor works oddesy battery looks a good price but the don't deliver to Dublin.

Anyone any suggestions?

Why still pay over the odds for an Odyssey when a Motobatt will be equally as good. In some ways better. Exhaustive tests showed that. Plus point - dual terminals so no fitting problems.
Look on eBay...

Thanks lads. Bringing the old one back to the shop I bought it from. Hoping they say its faulty and replace it.

If not ill check those leads out.

Just curious. The BMW ones are massive money but do the job. I had an unsealed lead acid battery in it and its toast. So much so, I can't jump the bike from a booster pack through the battery but can when the booster pack is directly attached to the + and - cables. Time for a new battery!

Motor works oddesy battery looks a good price but the don't deliver to Dublin.

Anyone any suggestions?

There was some place advertsising on the radio the other day, its near Crumlin / Sundrive Rd, they claim to sell the cheapest car / bike batteries around, cant remember the name, sorry :nenau

Mark in platinum has MotoBatts for €90ish as far as I know.

I ended up buying an acid filled Yuasa for my bike in Maddocks. 2 year warranty so didnt mind buying the cheaper one. If I get 2 or 3 years id be happy. My bike is garaged so that helps towards longevity.

I've been looked after lads. Battery replaced. No extra money spent.

Very handy info in this thread though. On my way home to stick it in and go for a spin.

Motobatt guarantee

Folks. Thinking of buying a motobatt battery for the gs1200. Does anyone know what warranty is given on them? Told by one shop mentioned on this thread it was 6 months:eek: Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom