Jeez, Panic, Ooer Missus - CANCEL YOUR ORDERS RIGHT NOW !!!

PaulW

Reaction score
Copied from Advrider forum - Confirmation of Oil Leaks - Official
Please panic and cancel your orders now . . .
. . . then I might get my GS on March 2nd and not nearer the end of the month :D:D:D
As long as it's a red TE version (best colour, fastest colour) :rob

Seen here: http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...W-2013-R1200GS

To:
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 15:28:21 +0100
Subject: FW: Can you please help me answer this?

Good morning John,

I am responsible for technical support and recalls for Canada.

This recall is limited to the new R1200GS that will be launched in March. No previous generation air cooled models are affected. The actual number of affected motorcycles for Canada is 31. These motorcycles will all be addressed at the BMW retailers; therefore, no customer action or notification will be required.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Warm regards,

Last edited:
So as long as you pick your bike up from Canada you should be fine as the local dealer will have the manufacturer fault fixed...........:hide

Cool Tossers

Thought I might get more reaction here, haha :) Those over the pond seem to be freaking out over this big time - not like us cool dudes :cool:

That's because most of us over here realise that the new GS will be outshone in every department by the new KTM 1190 Adventure and haven't even thought about ordering one !!

:augie

we might have been outraged a week ago when this info was first posted here:blast

I agree wholeheartedly but now they have it as 'official', they are still as one guy comments 'getting their panties in a wad' :blast
we might have been outraged a week ago when this info was first posted here:blast

It'll be sorted before the bikes are even handed over to the customers, so I don't understand what all the fuss is about:nenau Bloody merkins:rolleyes::D

"I called BMW regarding the recall that you highlighted last week and they have informed me that this will not be an issue with the bikes delivered to Ireland. The machines with this potential issue were the very first off the production line because of the time it takes to ship them to their destination."

COPY EMAIL FROM BMW dealer in ireland

Back
Top Bottom