Drunk nuns

Daisy Duke

Reaction score
The Guardai need a good boot in the arse for this! :rob

Pub owner fined after Irish 'nuns' are caught drinking illegally in Listowell, Co Kerry

An Irish publican has been prosecuted after police found dozens of "nuns" drinking illegally, several hours past closing time on his premises. :eek::D

Christy Walsh, who runs the bar in Listowel, County Kerry, has been fined a total of €700 after his pub was raided twice in one night. :blast

He had helped to organise a charity event in the town last year, in which hundreds of people dressed up as nuns.

The Nunday event took place in Listowel on 30 June 2012, and set a new record for the "largest gathering of people dressed as nuns".

In total, 1,436 adults made a holy show of themselves at a GAA sports ground in the town.

The event had raised around €26,000 for charity. :thumb2

In the news

Now they have to produce "figures" etc etc and as such many of the hierarchy are puppets of the politicians

The older gards know (knew) what was needed to keep the peace and maintain the respect of the people

Well except in Ballymun and other dodgy city areas!

common sense optional extra at gard training school

charity and dressed up as nuns means they need reading lessons too

and the after hours drinking - only been going on for hundreds of years

Ehm Mark if you are heading down next year just remember oul son that they are not all women in the costumes in case you are thinking you've got lucky!

Crocodile Dundee Stylee! ;)

common sense optional extra at gard training school

charity and dressed up as nuns means they need reading lessons too

and the after hours drinking - only been going on for hundreds of years

So You're saying you swing Both ways?

Naughty Boy! :aidan :aidan

did i mention laydeez?? :comfort :D

On a Different Note, this is a crap picture of a painting (or print ) on the wall of a Bar restaurant near Juniper hill campsite on the NW200 course

Edit Inn on the Coast Nice pint of Guinness and Lovely Grub

Attachments

• WP_000910.jpg
    WP_000910.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 439
The Guardai need a good boot in the arse for this! :rob

Pub owner fined after Irish 'nuns' are caught drinking illegally in Listowell, Co Kerry

An Irish publican has been prosecuted after police found dozens of "nuns" drinking illegally, several hours past closing time on his premises. :eek::D

Christy Walsh, who runs the bar in Listowel, County Kerry, has been fined a total of €700 after his pub was raided twice in one night. :blast

He had helped to organise a charity event in the town last year, in which hundreds of people dressed up as nuns.

The Nunday event took place in Listowel on 30 June 2012, and set a new record for the "largest gathering of people dressed as nuns".

In total, 1,436 adults made a holy show of themselves at a GAA sports ground in the town.

The event had raised around €26,000 for charity. :thumb2

In the news

Seriously whats the problem...? The guards are only doing their jobs, is there any other laws you'd like them to turn a blind eye to....

Seriously whats the problem...? The guards are only doing their jobs, is there any other laws you'd like them to turn a blind eye to....

Lets Just say that VERY Likely that we don;t have the whole picture here Quite Possibly the Media have tainted this with a bit of "Spin"

I've noticed that there is a fair bot of sensationalism employed by them to "sell" copy

Maybe some neighbours complained we'll not know because what goes into print has to look best to the nation as a crime or a terrible thing

Jaysus It coulda been Much Worse Imagine what it would be like if it had been a Father Jack Convention??? :blast :blast :blast

:green gri:green gri :green gri

The Guardai need a good boot in the arse for this! :

I realise as a Non Irish National , you probably had no education
in the Irish dialect , but even Wiki has a grasp ! .

The full official title of the force is rarely used in speech. How it is referred to depends on the register of the speaker. It is known, in decreasing order of formality, as An Garda Síochána (Irish pronunciation: [an ˈɡarda ˈ the Garda Síochána; the Garda; the Gardaí (Irish pronunciation: [GAR-DEE]; "Although Garda is singular, in these terms it is used a collective noun, like police.

Having read the story I felt prosecuting the guy was a bit harsh, it doesn't actually say they were drinking just that they were still in the pub, that the landlord wasn't there the second time because he was giving people lifts as the small town had twice the normal population for the weekend and only 10 taxis to cope with everyone. I posted it more because I thought it was a funny story, minus the guy getting prosecuted of course, must have been some sight with a load of "nuns" partying :aidan

I realise as a Non Irish National , you probably had no education in the Irish dialect , but even Wiki has a grasp ! .

The full official title of the force is rarely used in speech. How it is referred to depends on the register of the speaker. It is known, in decreasing order of formality, as An Garda Síochána (Irish pronunciation: [an ˈɡarda ˈ the Garda Síochána; the Garda; the Gardaí (Irish pronunciation: [GAR-DEE]; "Although Garda is singular, in these terms it is used as a collective noun, like police.

Oh Philip, I'm so glad you corrected my spelling I'm so embarrassed at my stupidity, by the way you left a word out in your comment, I fixed it for you :thumb

And the next time you want to pretend you know anything about me at least get one thing correct, I am an Irish citizen or so my passport tells me, if you'd like I could send you a copy in a CD case just to confirm it? :comfort

Somebody is still sore................:aidan

Hit the nail on the head there :D

Now they have to produce "figures" etc etc and as such many of the hierarchy are puppets of the politicians

The older gards know (knew) what was needed to keep the peace and maintain the respect of the people

That is one big problem being caused by the far too early compulsory retirement of the still well fit and learned from the experience of years Gardai .

Not So Foolish Matt :thumb

Politicians been trying to save money for years

I don;t notice any one of them handing in their chaffeur driven cars and gettig wee electric ones!

That is one big problem being caused by the far too early compulsory retirement of the still well fit and learned from the experience of years Gardai .

Part of the problem is most of the populace see this sort of thing as harmless fun(a lock in) and the Gardai are in the role of tax collectors, instead of being out and about catching murderers, rapists, burglars etc

The mans idiocy knows no bounds!

Of course they know how to gain respect in Ballymun you prat! They're just not allowed to deal drugs and shoot people indscriminately :D

Oh Philip, I'm so glad you corrected my spelling I'm so embarrassed at my stupidity, by the way you left a word out in your comment, I fixed it for you :thumb

:jes

The full official title of the force is rarely used in speech. How it is referred to depends on the register of the speaker. It is known, in decreasing order of formality, as An Garda Síochána (Irish pronunciation: [an ˈɡarda ˈ the Garda Síochána; the Garda; the Gardaí (Irish pronunciation: [GAR-DEE]; "Although Garda is singular, in these terms it is used a collective noun, like police.

What point are you trying to make Phillip?
Are you having a go at Clare?

The rest of your post makes no sense. I know you left a word or two out but it still makes no sense.

Muna bhfuil gaeilge líofa agat, ba comhair duit do chlab a choimead dúnta.:rob

What point are you trying to make Phillip?
Are you having a go at Clare?

The rest of your post makes no sense. I know you left a word or two out but it still makes no sense.

Muna bhfuil gaeilge líofa agat, ba comhair duit do chlab a choimead dúnta.:rob

It's ok Míde, I could be wrong but if he spoke fluent Irish surely he wouldn't need to look thing up on Wikipedia.

Don't worry I think somebody has women issues, bless him :thumb

Back
Top Bottom